1.6

Hodgins was a very busy man. He ran a news company, had to deal with those jerks from the network, make sure Benedict was always on his best behavior, and he had to take care of Violet. The first three things were the easiest, there was no doubt about that. Raising a teenager who was trained to be a human weapon as a normal girl was definitely going to be the hardest part of Hodgins' life. Still, he promised Gilbert that would take care of Violet should something ever happen to him, and Hodgins always kept his promises. 

It was just going to be a bit difficult. Even running into gunfire would seem like an easy thing to do, but Hodgins didn't reach the rank of Lieutenant Colonel just because he liked taking the easy route. Hopefully Violet was getting along with her new classmates. Glancing at the stack of papers sitting on his desk, Hodgins groaned softly. He has a lot of work that needed to be done before he picked up Violet from school. Grabbing the paper that was sitting on top of the desk, Hodgins was halfway done reading the proposal sent by the Agreste company when he heard a knock at the door. 

"Who is it?" Hodgins sighed as he started rubbing his forehead. Gabriel Agreste wanted to run ads during their afternoon news block. The fashion designer had something up his sleeve, Hodgins was sure of it. Gabriel Agreste never approached anybody first. What was the catch? 

The door creaked open and a young man with blond hair and blue eyes sauntered in. Dressed in a loose beige shirt, tight leather pants and boots that looked like they belonged on Cattleya, Benedict Blue looked as flashy as a cameraman could be. 

"You already know it's me, Boss." Benedict said in English, smirking as he stretched his arms. His smirk then disappeared as his gaze turned serious, sending a slight shiver down Hodgins spine. It seemed he wasn't going to get much work done now. "You owe me lunch." 

Hodgins raised an eyebrow and turned his attention back to Agreste's letter. "No I don't. Besides, shouldn't you be out in the field with Iris? Every reporter needs their cameraman." 

"Nope. I told Roland to go help her out today." Benedict's smirk returned. Hodgins sighed softly and placed the letter back on his desk. It seemed that Benedict was abusing his 'founding member' card again. 

"Out of all our cameramen, why did you send the oldest? Roland's not as young as he used to be." Hodgins was going to get a headache at this rate. 

"The old man will be fine." The German slammed his hands on Hodgins desk dramatically. "You owe me lunch! I know you took Cattleya out yesterday and you even bought Roland lunch last week! This is favoritism, this is an unhealthy workspace and I demand-"

"Fine, fine." One of Hodgins' veins felt like they were going to pop. He glared at the younger man. "You'll be lucky if there isn't another akuma attack. You know how much Iris loves chasing after those." 

"Eh, Ladybug can handle it." Benedict shrugged. "Now let's go. There's a cafe right across the street and I hear they have the best quiche in all of Paris " 

"Let me get my coat." Hodgins sighed for the hundredth time that day. "I'll let Lux know that I'll be out for lunch." 

Hopefully Benedict wouldn't ask about getting a raise.  

------

It turned out that when Benedict said the cafe was across the street, he literally meant it. Hodgins really should take a day off and explore the city. He had spent most of his time in Paris getting his news company set up, and handling any legal matters regarding Violet with Mrs. Evergarden's help. 

"So Boss, about that raise I've been asking about-" 

"Oh look we're here!" Hodgins sliced into Benedict's sentence as they walked towards the door of the small cafe. While Tom and Sabines Boulangerie Patisserie smelled of freshly baked bread, the cafe smelled of freshly roasted coffee and sandwiches. 

Quickly opening the door before Benedict could get another word in, Hodgins was greeted to the sight of a familiar blonde. Seated at a table in the corner that had a clear view of whoever was entering, two girls sat with Violet. The first had reddish-brown curly hair which matched her darker skin color, while the second girl had bluebell hair that was tied into two pigtails, her back facing Hodgins. 

"Violet? What are you doing here? Are these your friends?" Hodgins couldn't stop himself from blurting out in French. Was Violet actually making friends? Was this a breakthrough? Why wasn't Gilbert here to see this? 

Violet immediately stood up and delivered a perfect salute, smashing whatever hopes Hodgins had built up. The girl in pigtails slowly turned around, revealing matching blue eyes, her cheeks immediately turning a shade of red. Wait a minute. 

Wasn't that the girl who ran into him this morning at the bakery? 

"Mr. Hodgins sir!" At least she didn't say Lieutenant Colonel this time. She gave Benedict a glance. "Mr. Blue " 

"At ease, Violet." Hodgins sighed as he walked up to their table, putting on his business smile. The Parisian's eating their lunch looked away. Benedict gave Violet a wave before heading towards the counter to look at the menu. "Who are your friends Violet?" He gave them both a nod. 

"I'm Alya Césaire. So you're the Hodgins guy that Violet was talking about." The girl with the reddish-brown hair said. Now that surprised Hodgins. Why were they talking about it. 

"I am." Hodgins replied, his smile still on his face. Turning towards the blue haired girl he spoke. 

"You're Tom and Sabine's daughter right?" 

The bluebell girl's head immediately dropped forward and fell right into her hands. 

"Uh, I think you broke Marinette Mister." 

A/N 

Nothing much happens in this chapter. I wanted to show Hodgins POV and how I've merged the world of Violet Evergarden with Miraculous. Will it work 100%? Maybe maybe not, but it won't stop me from trying. 

I'm surprised by this story! On SpaceBattles/Sufficient Velocity/FF. net it's underperforming when compared to my other stories, yet on AO3/Wattpad it is doing extremely well, even better than my "top" stories. 

Thank you to everyone who likes/favorites/follows/kudos and comments! I really appreciate each and every one of you. 

I'm planning on writing another story, this time a Frozen/Star Wars crossover featuring an Inquisitor Elsa. It's not 100% set in stone, but just know that I will never abandon this story. I just take long breaks.