~ Admist the glaze lilies ~

Pairings: Guizhong & Morax (or Zhongli)

Theme: Angst & Songfic (haha again ik)

Song from kadenmackay on Tiktok!!

'Don't you dare make me fall in love with you...'

There Guizhong lays, with Morax holding her close amongst the glowing glaze liles that were progressively blooming. She smiled sadly, tears caressing her cheeks. He, too, was crying.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

'Don't you dare enchant me with those eyes...'

He remembers the day they first met, at the same place. He remembers her sweet, and serene smile, and the glaze lily that was tucked behind her ear. She knew he'd be there, but why would a goddess befriend a god in the middle of a war? This was a time where the gods were all fighting over regions to rule over, it was quite peculiar.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

'If I fell through your skies, there's no way you would catch me.'

He also remembers how she would solace him. Guizhong would always rub his back slowly, whispering softly that it would be alright, and that she'd never leave him, even if the world was ending. Those words never seem much, and untrue, but when it comes from the gentle and genuine dust goddess, it feels like he's at ease. Guizhong always made him feel that way.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

'There's a tear in my heart, but your patch wouldn't match me.'

"This is the mark of our pledge, and it is also my challenge to you," Guizhong said to Morax, with an odd stone floating just over her hands, "All of my wisdom is hidden inside this stone dumbbell, if you can unlock it, that is," Guizhong smiled a him. Although there was no contract set between them, they had a unique bond, it always felt odd to Morax.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

'There's still seismic events at hellos and goodbyes.'

Guizhong smiled, a lonely smile, and spoke weakly, "Those little people are small, and fragile as dust. Because they are afraid, they try so hard to become intelligent, this I understand," she paused for a moment, taking in another breath. Small glowing particles of dust emitted from her figure, "So I thought that since there is such a gulf between us in strength, I should use technique and wisdom instead."

'And I still need reminders of why it's unwise to stare...

"With your brawn and my brains, this city would surely become a great one," The speed of dust leaving her body was slowly increasing, "It seems that our journey together has come to an end. As for that stone dumbbell, forget about it would you...?"

With that, Guizhong fell faint in Morax's arms. He clinged onto her lifeless body as he sobbed loudly. The sun soon rised, as her body faded into dust completely, the only thing that was left was a single glaze lily in her place.

Guili plains?? More like Guili pain. The lore of the memory of dust completely RUINED mee!!