Chapter Sixty-Four: Home

(Image: computer reconstructions of a young Octavian and Marcus Agrippa. Found on Reddit.)

A few months pass and your birthday approaches fast. You'll be turning 7, which makes you excited and nervous. For your 7th birthday, you'll all end up going to Alexandria for a vacation.
Even Antony seems excited, despite the fact that he had died there so long ago.

As one last gift, with Fujin's help, you had also revived Marcus Agrippa, to surprise the others. He was also buried in the same building Augustus was.
Augustus himself rushes over to his former commander the moment he sees him outside.
Shaking, he listens to Agrippa's heartbeat and cries with relief and joy.

You're just sad you could never find Julia's burial site.
"Kuai, Antonius," Augustus hiccups between sobs, still holding onto Agrippa. It sounds like he wants to apologize. Kuai shakes his head with a smile.
"It's okay. I know you truly love him," Kuai says.
"We'll be fine, Thurnius," Antony says with a smile. "We know you're happy with him. But we're still here for you."

Augustus sniffs and nods, letting go of Agrippa.
"Marcus," he whispers, rubbing his eyes.
"Caesar Augustus, sir," Agrippa nods.
"Please," he laughs through his tears, "just call me Octavian."
Agrippa smiles. "You deserve more respect than that, sir. But if that is what you wish, Octavian."

Augustus wasn't kidding when he said Agrippa is a nicer, more loyal version of Antony. At least, until his eyes land on Antony. Suddenly hostile, he gets in between Augustus and Antony. "What are you doing here, Antonius?" He snaps.
Antony sighs, hand going through his hair nervously. Both Antony and Agrippa are equally as strongly built, it's no wonder Agrippa did all of the battling.
"Agrippa," Augustus cuts in.

Without warning, Agrippa storms over, both men about the same height, and grabs Antony by the throat. You all are too stunned to move. "If you so much as touch a curl on Caesar's head, I will rip off your hands and nail them to the Senate door. Is that understood?"

Coughing, Antony nods, quickly losing air.
Snapping out of his shock, Augustus cuts in again. "Marcus Vispanius Agrippa, I demand you release Antonius this instant!" He commands, his tone like ice.
Agrippa does so, and he snaps into a soldier's position, arms behind his back, face void of emotion.
Kuai helps Antony while Augustus goes to Agrippa.

"Times have changed, my dear friend," Augustus sighs, reaching up to cup Agrippa's cheek. At his touch, the commander relaxes.
"Forgive me," Agrippa states clearly, glancing over at Antony, then looks away. "I simply want to protect you."
"It's all right," Augustus murmurs, cheeks pink.

"Are you all right?" Kuai asks Antony as Fujin and Raiden rush into the Sky Temple to get a first aid kit.
"Oh, I'll be fine," Antony coughs, rubbing his throat. "I've been choked before. This isn't new to me."

Augustus glances at Antony with sympathy, then focuses back on his old friend. The former Emperor looks at you and shrugs with a what-can-you-do? expression. You shrug back, equally as lost.
****
After some rest, Antony is considered okay. Agrippa didn't strangle him very hard, at least.
Julius ends up talking with Agrippa about everything that has changed.

"There is still much I do not understand," Agrippa admits softly, sitting with Augustus on his bed in his room. It's late at night now, both men able to hear the crickets chirping.
"I'm here to help you, Agrippa," Augustus says, grabbing his calloused hand.
"I know. Forgive me again for harming Antonius. I was so used to him being your enemy, I..."

"It's all right," Augustus smiles with a small kiss on Agrippa's cheek. "We'll be going on a trip soon. All of us."
"Oh, really? Where?"
"Alexandria, Egypt. Kuai and (Y/n) want to go. Kuai says he knows I love you but...I can tell him and Antony are unwell."
"They are jealous?"
"I do not know personally. All of these feelings...I like them both, but more as—I don't know...family? Friends? I've known you longer than both Kuai and Antony, but I hate to see them upset."

"They will move on. Give them time."
Augustus sighs, shaking his head. "I could see in Kuai's eyes...he knew the love was forced. I'm certain the trip will help them move past any heartache."
Agrippa nods, letting Augustus lean on his shoulder.

Augustus smiles sadly, letting his tears fall. He didn't realize you would revive Agrippa at all, but he's happy about it.
"Do you remember your commander's vows?" He asks.
Agrippa laughs a little, a sound Augustus didn't realize he missed dearly.
"How could I forget?" The taller man teases, repeating the vows he made when swearing loyalty to Augustus:

"I, Marcus Vispanius Agrippa, of my own free will, submit my strength and sword to you. I will obey any order you give, so long as it is within sound reason. I shall defend you with my life to ensure your safety, until my heart stops beating. As Commander of the Praetorian Guard, and as soldiers, we will never betray you. I swear on Jupiter's Stone, Imperator Caesar Augustus, Divi Filius."

Augustus sniffs. "I am glad you are back."
"As am I," Agrippa agrees, wondering how the trip will go.