Chapter 1

"Alright class. Let's get settled. I know I'm quite the lenient teacher but, that doesn't give you guys the right to disturb my class and you know this." Professor Jennifer sternly spoke to us. Well, to the students that were talking non-stop that is.

If it's one thing this class gives us apart from the others is the freedom to really push our mouths to the limits. These people do not shut up. After the class was silenced Prof Jen started again.

"This semester is a bit different from last's. Unlike how we were starting to become familiar with one another, and did simple acts... this semester, we're doing improvisation." She paused. The middle-aged woman sat on the table at the bottom of the room, her long, flowy, flowery patterned skirt fanned out across the table besides her. The brown earth-coloured top she wore to match the murky green background of her skirt. Her hair pinned up in a messy bun with two hair spikes in the center and her hang glasses framed her soft and delicate face.

Even though Professor Jennifer was not for the faint of heart when truly upset, she was a sight to behold. Her circular face framed by strands of strawberry-blonde hair. Her heart shaped lips and big doe-y eyes that made her seemed innocent. Her height frame of maybe 5'2.. 5'3 being my best bet and the earrings she wore that made her outfit scream "I'm an Art, English teacher!"

Professor Jennifer was my favourite professor in this college. She showed elegance with her small frame but power in her voice no matter if it was loud or the same tone she used with us. Once you heard her speak, you were instantly captured by her words and listened to everything she has or have to say. I wish to be like that one day.

To hold such a power in my voice and know that's it's the real me that has that and not a fictional character that I have to portray. I hope that one day, I can walk into a room and even though my structure may be a small...even a bit smaller than my professor, my words hold them in a vice grip and make them realize just how strong, in control, and boss ass bitch of a woman I am.

One could only dream though..

"You'll be paired in groups of a duo so it's best that you find a person to pair up with now for that will be your partner for the rest of the year. Eventually your groups will be joined together if not everyone will have a part to play for your end of year exam which outweighs every other unseen performance you'll be taking during this class, so I expect you to do your best. Am I understood students?"  Professor Jennifer looked around the room. The light reflecting off of her glasses depending on the angles she faced towards the light.

She was met with an understanding silence.

"Now that we have that cleared, please find your partner."

The class scurried around to get with the person they wanted to act with, you obviously had the traditional crew of people stay close knitted to one another because that was just how things were. As everyone was finding their partners, I stayed put. I didn't really have the desire to act with anyone for the simple fact that even though I loved the art of acting.. I also loved the art of writing the script. The certain words that have to be used to portray a certain emotion, the way they must be said, the way how they connect with not only the actors but the audience as well. This field was truly a beautiful one if paired with the right person to bring them out.

I wasn't very focused on the fact that the class had already finished paired or was soon to being completely paired until a figure sat next to me uncomfortably (for me) too relaxed.

"Has everyone found a partner?" Professor Jennifer spoke.

"Yes ma'am." the class- excluding me- responded.

"We'll start with our first improv, Anger. I will give you 15 minutes to create an Improv surrounding this emotion that you must portray from beginning to end of your act. This should be no longer than 10 minutes as you are a fairly large group. Your time starts now." Professor Jennifer rounded her table and sat down in her seat and started to do what she does as a Professor while taking a sip of whatever liquid was in her paper cup.