Chapter 21

Ryan's POV.

"So... it's been like, what, 2 years since we last talked to each other, man"

"Yeah" I laughed uncomfortably.

Yep. This conversation was developing into a really awkward one.

Daniel Keyes, as I like to call him, Dan, was my best friend in college. Until I dropped out, of course.

I was studying Art while being in the band, but when the band had enough success for me to stop studying, I dropped out. I stopped seeing Dan after that, but I don't really know why. A few years later, I stopped talking to him.

And now, when I had nothing left, I came back to him.

"How's your band thing doing?" he asked cheerfully.

"Actually" I sighed, "I screwed up"

"What do you mean?"

"Can we- can we talk about this face to face? I think I will end up hanging up on you"

"O...kay" I heard him say. "You can come to my place if you want"

"Okay, can you text me your adress?"

"Sure, bye"

"Thanks a lot, bye" I said and hung up.

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I opened Dan's chat. Exactly what I thought.

His same apartment from college.

Brendon's POV

"Since I'm trying to catch up a little bit" I said before taking a sip from my soda, back in the car and about to arrive, "how has your relationship with Kay been?"

"Fucking awesome" he said, with the widest grin I had ever seen on his face.

"That's very good to hear" I smiled back and brought the straw to my lips again.

"I've even thought about proposing" he shrugged.

I choked on my drink in shock. He just turned his head to me and gave me a weird look.

"Does this look like some kind of joke to you?" he asked a bit sternly to my liking.

"No, no" I coughed a bit, "I was just surprised, that's all, chill."

"Oh, okay" he laughed slightly. I was still coughing. "Brendon, do you need any help?"

"No-" I said, coughing again.

And again.

And again.

Aaaand I stopped.

"Now, back to reality" I cleared my throat as Spencer gave a little laugh. "Really?" I asked, widening my eyes.

"I mean, not now, but I might. In the future. Only if she wants, of course."

"Wow" I smiled. "That's crazy"

"What exactly do you mean by crazy?"

"It's amazing to see my two best friends getting married to each other" I let out a giggle.

"It won't be until a couple of years, Brendon, chill"

"I know, but still"

I sucked the straw for the last time before I noticed I had ran out of soda, making a really weird noise with the straw.

"Oh" I mumbled as we both laughed.

"We're home"

"What?"

"Mhm" he hummed.

"Well that was fast" I shrugged.

"Maybe for you, but not for me, the man that had to drive for seven hours. Not straight. But seven hours is still too damn much" he raised his index finger, making me laugh.

"Whatever you say, bro"

-

IM SORRY IT'S BEEN ALMOST A MONTH SINCE I LAST UPDATED AND THIS IS SUCH A SHITTY CHAPTER BUT I NEED A LOT OF FILLERS TO GET TO THE EXCITING PART

and i'm sorry but this story is not going to be long, won't go further from 30 chapters