1| It begins

O N E

▪¤《It begins》¤▪

"When you grow up, you'll be a handsome loving man, just like your father, sweetheart." The melodious voice of his mother wrapped around him, a loving smile stretched on her thin lips as she carded her fingers through the small boy's hair, who had his head buried on her lap, hugging her tight, and engulfing her warmth.

"My darling, I'll always have your back."

The image of his mother flashed through his mind, her soothing voice oh-so clear in his head— like she was right here, next to him, singing him to sleep. The images to whirled to moments that remained close to his heart, so much that it hurt to recall those moments; the excruciating pain in his heart unbearable— incurable. The visions of his parents laughing and tickling him, three of them happy on their own in their humble abode, the visions kept changing to all those moments he had with his parents.

They were moments before he lost them. Forever.

"You could've been on our side, instead of being on our way. You chose it the hard way," A gruff voice stated, the visions immidiately switching to a dark forest, at the moment of dawn. Guns and weapons were raised at the two innocent people surrounded by men clad in the same clothes, "Now suffer the consequences."

Two bodies fell to the ground with a thud, their eyes lifeless, yet fearless. Unaware of the eyes watching it all, eyes that'd remember it forever.

The next thing he knows, his small hands are painted in blood, trembling uncontrollably as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"No!"

A gasp fled Taehyung's lips as he shot up from the bed, eyes wide and frantic in horror, with tears blurring his vision, chest heaving up and down as he struggled to catch his breath. He shakily lifted his hands to his face, scanning them for any blood stains, breathing heavily— shoulders relaxing when he saw none, yet even so, his hands wouldn't stop trembling. Bangs stuck to his forehead with the beads of sweat, trickling down his neck and drenching his dark grey T-shirt. Taehyung took a deep breath, attempting to calm his heart rate, eyes aimlessly flickering around the room, dazed.

He swallowed harshly, throat parched and constricted. Fear surging through his veins, heart racing in his chest, so loud that it could be heard in his ears. With shaky movements, he slowly pulled off the covers and swung his feet over the bed. His hands trembled as he ran his fingers through his hair, a shaky sigh leaving his lips. He dragged his fingers over his face, mind replaying the sight of blood and gore, two bloodied bodies— his eyes darted around frantically, attempting to distract himself.