ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

𝙔/𝙉: 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙉𝙖𝙢𝙚

𝙀/𝘾: 𝙀𝙮𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧

𝙃/𝘾: 𝙃𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧

𝙁/𝘾: 𝙁𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

𝙔/𝙉'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Let's hear it for the champion of Alola!" The small town was filled with cheers and good wishes. Up in the sky, the clouds sifted over the overhead white moon. The glow illuminated the festival dedicated to your hard work and another year towards your accomplishment. You took a deep breath and sat down on the green grass, your knees up to your face as you took a breather from everything. It had been such a long day, and you were absolutely exhausted from standing up.

Your head perked up at the sound of someone shouting your name from behind. A young guy with forest-green hair tied back into a messy ponytail approached you with a wide smile. "Y/N! Let's go get some malasadas!" He bent down to my level, his dark eyes shimmering bright at the mentioning of food. "Come on..it'll be my treat.." He was trying his best to coax you into coming along with him to the malasada stand not too far into the festival. "Hau...I've been standing since I was in the League...give me a couple minutes or two.." You responded, adding on a hint of exaggeration to your voice before laughing lightly. "Fine...you win this time. Well I'll be over there!" Hau stood back up and began walking away, occasionally turning back around and waving at you as ran over to a Malasada Stand not too far away from where you were.

You sat by yourself for a little while, taking in the air and the distant laughter and chatter from the festival dedicated to your name. From the corner of your [E/C] eye, you spot a pair of emerald green glancing back at you. Before you could turn around and get a better look at the owner of those eyes, they had already disappeared within the shadows. You shrugged it off, thinking it could be some wild Pokemon attracted to the lights and food of the festival. Slowly, you struggled to stand up from the ground, the aches and pains in your calves starting to burn. You brushed the dirt off your clothes before bringing out [Starter's Last Evolution]. They looked as winded as you were, but still put on a good face at the sight of you. After feeding them a couple poke beans, you let the rest of your team wander the festival along with everyone.

Slowly, you approached the torches and lights, drawn in my the dancing and music. You crossed your arms, grinning a little to yourself. "Everyone is celebrating you! Maybe someday I can be just like you Y/N." Lillie peeked behind your shoulder and smiled. She weren't expecting her to sneak up on you so you jumped a little, a worried expression on her face as she settled her hands on your shoulders. "Is there something wrong? You look like something is bothering you." After traveling with Lillie all this time, she had become one of your closest friends and confidantes. Normally you didn't hesitate to express your worries and doubts, but this time around you felt like it wasn't necessary to make her worry. It was a day to celebrate, and knowing the blonde she'll begin to stress if you mentioned anything to her.

"No, no I'm enjoying the festival. I'm just a bit tired though...todays challengers at The League really drained me." You confessed, not necessarily lying. You just gave her a different answer than what you really wanted to tell her. In reality, you were wondering about those pair of eyes watching over you . It could of been your imagination, the exhaustion settling into you...but those chartreuse green eyes had been printed into your mind. All you could do was look back at Lillie and smile, hoping she would accept your answer to her question.

Luckily, she didn't detect anything from you, meaning you were able to fool her in the meantime. "I'm sure you are! Battling the trainers challenging you must of been very tough. I can't even imagine how stressful it must've been. I am so proud of you for beating them!" She was such a kind soul, and she radiated that kind of energy that already was starting to make you feel better. "Thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot...I'm sure one day you'll be better than me though!" You nudged her lightly and she shook her head, the two of you laughing. Soon the two of you were off into the festival, meeting up with Hau who was greedily stuffing his face with malasadas and whatever snacks he was able to get his hands on.

𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡...

The festival didn't end until late into the night. Before it ended you helped clean up and put away the decorations with everyone, even though they refused for you to help since the celebration was meant for you. However, you were able to help a little bit, you couldn't let them do all of this for you and not do anything in return.

You got home fairly quickly, Hau dropping you and Lillie off before stumbling back to Iki Town. He had a little too much to eat, even though you and Lillie both warned him not to eat too much. Both of you retired to your rooms, Lillie staying in the guest room next to you bedroom. You took off your clothes, dumping them into the hamper and changed into your pajamas that were in your favorite color. Turning off the lights, you placed your poke balls on your desk carefully onto your desk. "If only you could see me now dad." A small smile grew across your face as you sat down on your bed, looking down at the round orbs that sat comfortably in place. "Thank you everyone. I couldn't have done it without you all."

You laid down on your bed and pulled the covers to your face. The scent of home and the feeling of numbness all made your head feel fuzzy. It has been a while since you slept in your bedroom, the last time being before you left the island to begin on your journey as a trainer. You had been staying at an inn nearby The League for so long you forgot what home was like. It really had been a difficult but fun half a year, and you wouldn't trade the memories you had made for anything else. The smell of the salty Alolan sea filled your room, lulling you to sleep as your eyes closed. Memories of the past couple months went through your mind, flickering like a slideshow. What seemed to be forever stuck within your thoughts were those green eyes.

They were just like Lillie's...only there was a much more colder and elegant-like feel to them. I mixture of sorrows that had taken the shape of sharp green glass. The silhouette of the figure was hunched over and stood a similar way to....

Gladion?

You waved the thought away, almost laughing at yourself for even thinking it could be him. He wouldn't have cared less to come to the festival that celebrated your anniversary of gaining the title of champion. The two of you had been in some bitter situations and arguments before he left. He was off to Kanto while you were off battling through the league. Your mind wandered over every adjective you could muster up in your mind about him..

You yawned and hugged your [Favorite Pokemon] plushie. It must've been your imagination. There was no way Gladion would....

You drifted off into sleep.

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

A/N: Hello everyone! If you are new here, this is a rewrite of an old fanfic I wrote a long time ago. It gained a lot of attention, and I sort of fell off a couple years ago and never came up with an ending. As for now, I am rewriting every chapter from the previous fanfic and slowly deleting each chapter off the old fanfic as I finish them. Please add this version onto your libraries! 

Thank you!

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥ ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

New Word Count: 1368