A Vacation

Around the beginning of March, Sarah received a text from Rachel. "Hey, do you have any plans over spring break?"

"I'm free. What's up?"

"I always go to my parents' place for it. Do you want to come with me?"

Sarah pressed her phone to her chin and considered it. Naturally, spending her break with Rachel appealed to her, but she wasn't sure what Rachel's parents were like.

"Are they... tolerant?"

"I'll just call you my friend."

"Mm, well, I do want to spend more time with you. I'll come along."

After all, only a few months remained of their relationship. Sarah wanted to spend as much of that as possible with Rachel.

"Sweet. I'll pick you up. Pack a few changes of clothes, and a swimsuit."

"A swimsuit?!"

"Haha, I wish I could have seen your face."

Sarah pouted a bit. She wanted to see Rachel in a swimsuit, but not at the cost of showing her own swimsuit.

"They live near a lake," Rachel explained. "You don't have to go in if you don't want to."

"I'll think about it."

When the break rolled around, Rachel swung by Sarah's house to pick her up.

Sarah stepped out, wearing a sleeveless top and knee-length skirt. It was the outfit Rachel had picked out for her on their first date. She had a bag full of several changes of clothes slung over her shoulder, which Rachel helped relocate to the trunk.

It was a long drive to Rachel's parents' place, but the two naturally didn't have any issues spending time together.

Rachel pulled over to the side of the road in a wooded area with nothing visible nearby. Sarah glanced around with some confusion.

"We're almost there," Rachel explained. "I want to charge up."

"Ah, I understand."

They undid their seat belts and turned to face each other, sharing a long, intimate kiss. Since they wouldn't have many chances to be affectionate while with Rachel's parents, Sarah didn't hold anything back.

Eventually, they resumed their journey with some reluctance.

Rachel's parents lived in a large, two-story house on a lakefront. The walls were painted a light yellow with grey-brown shingles on the roof. It had many large windows, flowers planted along the perimeter. A small boat was tied to the dock.

"Is your family rich?" Sarah had to ask when they arrived.

"Just a bit above average."

The two retrieved their bags from the trunk and strode up to the door. It opened before they could knock, a woman's voice inviting, "Come in, come in!"

The two stepped inside. The interior had a bit of a rustic aesthetic, but with modern appliances. All the furniture and decorations appeared hand-made.

The woman resembled Rachel a little bit, though much older. Her hair was longer and tied into a braid, but had the same colour as Rachel's. There was also a man with neatly trimmed hair and a short beard with the same eyes as Rachel.

Rachel's mother looked at Sarah. "Is this your new girlfriend?"

"Yup," Rachel said, hugging Sarah from behind and pulling her close. "Isn't she cute?"