1

I love this ship very very much. So I made fanfiction. :)))))

Madeleine is the renowned knight, famous and loved by everyone. He stands for hope, and is a beacon of the divine. Espresso is a widely known dark magic user, master of coffee magic. He keeps to himself, busy in his laboratory unless called to front by the republic. 

At first Espresso thought poorly of Madeleine. He seemed like an egotistical dumbass who just complicated things. And once they got closer—pretty much the same thing. Meanwhile Madeleine just admired Espresso respectfully, he had never seen a cookie as beautiful as himself, but he did. But he didn't understand why he didn't like him back. 

Sadly there paths just couldn't stop intertwining. 

Espresso paced his lab impatiently, his new test product of a coffee that wouldn't just prevent sleep, it would reduce the chemical in your brain until it numbed. A satisfying ding sounded and Espresso rushed over. He grabbed a mug and poured the new drink inside, carefully blowing on it before he took a sip. 

Immediately he gagged and spat it out. 

It didn't taste like coffee or any other drink he'd ever had, it could've been the sweetener he added to it, or he put in too much actual coffee and it unbalanced the mixture. His mind started to race for the answer as he dumped his failed experiment into the sink, and rinsed out the mug to try again. He set it on the counter and then sat down on his couch, he slumped and started to think about a new method of coffee-making. 

A knock on the door startled him, and he gripped the throw pillow beside him in fear. Then realizing, he threw the throw pillow away from him and slowly walked towards the door. He hesitated before cautiously opening it. 

Instead of an unwelcome stranger, a little basket was lain on his doorstep. He glanced around—nobody was anywhere near him. He picked up the strange gift and took it inside. He set it on the table and pulled off the card attached to it, slowly ripping it open and pulling off the lace ribbon. 

Inside the note read, 

Dear coffee bean, 

This is Latte, and when are you going to grow a spine and get out into the real world?  Anyway, me and a group of friends are going to have a campout this weekend, and I was wondering if you wanted to come! Don't worry, there people you know, they'll be happy to see you. 

It's actually more of a demand, so meet me at my house tomorrow with camp clothes—that's all you'll need. 

Love you, and stay bitter! >:)

Your sister, Latte

Espresso scoffed and closed it, he looked into the basket and a bunch of decaf coffee beans were inside. It wasn't marked, but he could tell the difference. He stood up to throw it away, but something deeper inside caught his eye. He shifted through the pile of beans and pulled out another smaller piece of paper, he adjusted his glasses and read the small print. 

If you found this note, this is Madeleine—

Espresso paused, his stomach started to sink as he read the rest. 

—and I was wondering if you wanted to talk, I have something I want to share with you. I'm going to come along on the camp trip as well and I want us both to enjoy the time so I want to get this out of my head beforehand. Please mail me back! 

—Madeleine

"Ah shit," Espresso mumbled, he set the baskets items on the side table, "Shit shit shit..." 

Feelings were never Espresso's strong suit, and when it came to Madeleine he was always confused with how he felt. He didn't like him, that he knew for sure. His arrogance was just over-bearing at times, same with his egotistical attitude. And besides, what did he even want to talk about? Should he really mail him back? And why didn't he just come to his door?

 "Actually that would have been worse."  He thought, sitting in his desk chair. 

He hated confrontation, he hated it. Him and Madeleine alone? Talking together? Espresso just wasn't built like that, maybe if he just buried himself in his work the problem would go away. It'd worked before. 

He stood up and went into his bedroom, his bed was perfectly made, no wrinkles in the cover, he had debated even having it, but it was nice for show. He opened up his closet and tried to find something he could wear that he would be alright with getting dirty.

He sighed in defeat and contemplated. 

"I need to bring my own blanket, but I don't have my lab to work on things! What will I do at night?" He exclaimed, reality hitting him in the face. 

He stood and paced the floor, 

"I can bring books, it's fine, but I have to carry them...alright, so I'll bring a backpack with my books and then a blanket, just to Latte's house and maybe someone can help me carry my stuff...? No that's selfish. I don't need a blanket if I bring a jacket. So along with my clothes I can have a big jacket with a couple changes of clothes and then my books!" 

He clapped his hands and grinned, reaching further into his closet and grabbing a large backpack. He picked out three pairs of dress shirts, and pants, then he put in his self-tailored jacket in as well, folding everything nicely and placing it inside gently. Then he began to put in some of his favorite books. 

"And if everything goes wrong, I can just hide and read. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though..." 

>:)))))

1021 words