New Worlds

James stared out the window, sighing and thinking. It had been a long week for him. He was tired and very bored. "Man, I wish there was something to do..." he silently told himself. He got up and stopped staring out the window. He looked at his bed and just flopped onto it. "I wonder if Lex has anything new to show me." He got up, then walked to his door. He grabbed the door handle and tried twisting it open, but realized it was locked. "Man, fuck you door.." he backed up a bit, then kicked the damn door down. It caused a loud crash, which made BEN rush into the hallway for his room. "What the hell was that?" He asked out loud. James walked to him and then turned his attention to the door. "What did you do?" He asked him. "I kicked it down." BEN just gave him an annoyed look, then facepalmed and sighed. "Just go." James nodded, then continued walking. Minutes later, he reached Alex's lab. He walked in, then approached her. "Hello James." She said quietly, looking at a strange machine. "Hey Alex.'' He said, staring at the machine. "What's this?" He asked, which made her turn to him. "I'm glad you asked. James, what you're looking at is a scanner of sorts. It let's me see if there are other complex technology around other multiverses." He nodded, then yawned. "Sounds cool. Have you found anything yet?" She nodded, pointing to a small screen on it. "See that green dot? That's the very first one I discovered. It seems to have some very advanced technology on its version of Earth." He looked at the dot, then looked at the other dots. "Well, do you have a way to get there?" She shrugged. "Maybe." James chuckled. "Is that at yes?" She rolled her eyes. "I said maybe. I don't know if it's a safe place yet. I don't want to have one of you guys die if I send one of you." He huffed at her. "You're no fun. I'd want to go to at hostile place. It'd be fun." She rolled her eyes at him again. "Yeah right. You'd probably get your ass kicked by some kid." James rolled his eyes. "That's not true. I'm too awesome." She laughed softly. "You wish..." James huffed once more, then poked her cheek. "So, can you send me?" She nodded. "I could, but I won't." James pouted. "Meanie."