season of the witch ( 1 )

" we have a new project "

"   test subject 666  ,  born Constance Van Dort 13th april  ,  1918 in California  ,  Los Angeles

" test subject 666 , born Constance Van Dort 13th april , 1918 in California , Los Angeles . " the hydra agent called out to the room of onlookers , the girl with wings and horns stood in the centre of it all , her legs chained too the ground . her wings fluttering and beating in fright every so often , the demon as they called her . black feathers rustling in the breeze of the room , raven hair swishing behind her back , heterochromatic eyes scanning the faces of people who came to ogle her .

" an element controller  ,  mind manipulator and reader  .  known to be affected by the  '  psychopath  gene  '  .  given the name  ,  '  devil  '  .  "  he continued  ,  her eyes blazing red with fire  , the one element she truly connected with , it reflected the elementalists anger and hatred , something she could use to burn away the bad . constance used to be a happy child , growing up in the ' roaring 20s ' she was surrounded by flashy dresses and music , happy people and then a wave of depression hit the country , coating the states in a bleak grey cloud .

after the depression came a war , it seemed the world was in constant turmoil and little constance didn't understand any of it , only what her father read in the newspaper , reading it out loud for the small family of three to hear .  her mother continued working her way around their kitchen while her father sat with a cigar in his mouth   ,   constance would sit colouring with her stubby crayons sipping on a glass of orange juice  .  it seemed quite serene  ,  and so it was for the next 16 years until the war started   .   nazi germany invaded poland causing england and france to declare war on the damned nation and it's allies  .  later bring the us into the war thanks to japan  . 

22 year old constance understood what was happening and it scared her  ,  she saw how everyone would step up to the draft  ,  signing their lives and rights away to the army  .  didn't it bother them  ?  she thought constantly  .  it didn't matter though  ,  for her father was in the first division to be sent to war and within the first four days of battle a telegram arrived declaring the sudden death of aaron van dort  .  her mother went insane and turned horribly ill  ,  falling ill mainly from the shock of his death and suddenly constance van dort was left an orphan  . 

with no way to fend for herself she fell into a crowd of the wrong people  ,  hydra  ,  an organisation running the scientific division in nazi germany  ,  recruiting subjects in the us to take back with them  .  seeing nothing left she too did what she despised the soldiers for doing  ,  she signed her life and rights away to become the first of hundreds of people to become their first subject who was successful  .  and so that is how  ,  constance van dort found herself chained to a floor with silver shackles being ogled at by nazi's and regular people  .