𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐚

.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 that Kat could hear was the indistinguishable sound of a conversation between multiple people.  It sounded distant, faraway, almost as if she hadn't truly heard it.  Then the scent of chalk filled her nose, and she felt a warm draft brush against her skin and the rough surface of wood under her fingertips.  The rest of Kat's senses hadn't yet focused, but her eyes were slowly opening, taking their time in clearing up to take in her surroundings.  Kat could feel her feet carrying her someplace; how she wasn't tripping over herself without her vision intact, she'd never know.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Kat was starting to panic; she didn't like not being able to see.  What was happening?

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Kat quickly blinked, trying to clear her eyes of whatever kept her from seeing what was in front of her.  She felt her body slide onto a surface, reminding her of what it felt like to sit on a table, her hands sliding over the smooth wood surface beneath her legs.  She could feel the presence of someone standing beside her, but her eyes still weren't focusing.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"Why can't I see?" Kat found herself asking, her voice shaky and uncertain.  Her hands ran over her thighs as she tried to keep herself as calm as possible, the rips in her jeans catching on her fingertips.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"You aren't meant to see this just yet." A calm voice spoke, smooth and full of knowledge, as if they knew everything.  Kat felt her brows furrow.  She knew that voice.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"Jane?" Kat timidly asked, her lip rolling between her teeth in anticipation.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎A pleased hum sounded from the person beside Kat. "Very perceptive, Katarina."

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎"Where have you been, Jane?" Kat asked after a brief pause, the confirmation of knowing who was with her putting her at ease, but only slightly. "It's been months since we last spoke."

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Jane sighed, pausing to think over her words.  Kat continued to bite her lips, chewing at the loose skin to distract herself from her growing anxiety.  Even though she now knew who was with her, it didn't help that she couldn't see anything.  She could feel her skin start to prickle with anxiety, the faint shapes in front of her resembling figures that did nothing but remind her of the thing she saw the night before.