Chapter 2

Disclaimer- I don’t own any of the original characters or events or anything from the original book. Daniel.

“It’s really cold out here Peeta can I have your jumper?” Henry says shivering.

“Sure but I want it back after the reaping.” I say with a chuckle knowing he will still keep it.

We walk another Kilometre to the justice building where the reaping is going to take place.

“Henry we have to sign in at the tables over there, all you have to do is put your finger out while they take a little bit of blood.” I say pointing to my left. He instantly freezes and his blue eyes look like they are going to water.

“You didn’t say they were going to, to take blood.” There are tears forming in his eyes now.

“It doesn’t really hurt just like when Casper scratches you, not even that much.” I say, he wipes his tears away and agrees.

I go before him because he didn’t want to go first. When his finger is pricked he yelps in pain. I guess he really doesn’t like needles. I tell him to go to his age group “12” but he doesn’t want to.

“Can’t I just stay with you?” he asked looking scared

“No, it’s time to man up Henry now goes to your age group.” I say harshly, I do feel bad for saying it but he needs to grow up.

He turns around and walks slowly over his group looking back a few times at me. When he gets to his age group I walk over to mine and wait for our escort “Effie Trinket” a capitol women to welcome us to this year’s Reaping.

“Welcome, welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games District 12 Reaping.” Effie says it in a high pitch voice that only capitol people can make.

“Lady’s First as usual.” She walks to a huge glass ball containing every girls name in district twelve

“Katniss Everdeen.” Effie says into her microphone. No no no no anyone but Katniss, not the Girl that I have always cared for I think to myself ready to breakdown and sob.

“Now for the boys.”  Who could this be I hope it’s not my hunting buddie Gale and as it happens it’s not.

Vote and Comment if you liked-Daniel