chapter 1

"cordelia, do you really want to go to this school?" her mother didn't see the point of going to a school for music

"cordelia, do you really want to go to this school?" her mother didn't see the point of going to a school for music. not when she could snap her fingers and get delia in a music studio. cordelia wanted to go to 'the elite way school'. she didn't want the help of her mother, she wanted to earn something.

"yes." her mother going to protest but delia started to talk again. "i got a scholarship, and i'm going." rosa silva looked out the window seeing kids pile out of cars and walking towards the school.

"mija, please. just think about everything you could have. do you really want your future to be here." cordelia holding back rolling her eyes. she had made up her mind, she was going.

"we're already here. and i have thought about it, and my mind is made." rosa visibly rolled her eyes at her daughter. she knew she wasn't going to be able to change her mind, cordelia was a lot of things and determined, was definitely one of them.

"of course you have, ungrateful brat." cordelia laughing slightly at her mother's words. rosa taken back, eyes her daughter "what?"

"nothing. just, i can always count on you for such... encouraging words." delia gave a tight lip smile before exiting the car, their driver going to get her bags from the trunk. "thank you mr.levi." he nodded his head curtly.

"would you like me to walk them there for you, miss.silva?" cordelia hated the whole miss thing.

"no, it's okay. i've got it from here." she took the suitcase, and matching bag from the mans hands. she open her purse, taking out a fifty and handing it to him. "thank you mr.levi"  and with that cordelia walked towards the school.

a girl with long wavy hair catching her eye, she was beyond beautiful. the two girls making eye contact as the girl blew smoke from her mouth, putting a pinkish purple vape away. the girl sending a small smile, cordelia returned it. the silva girl reaching the school looking around, multiple kids were piled in.

"welcome all to the ews, formerly the elite way school." a girl announced to the group of teenagers, she had long hair with it dyed in the front.

"welcome, folx" a boy from the back said, him wearing a fur coat who looked familiar. "what? we're in the third decade of the 21st century." he made his way to the front of the room, stopping a few feet away from cordelia and in front of the girl she had seen outside. 

"yes, mom. everything's going to be fine. i'll be alright, okay? sure. jesus is at the heart of everything. love you bye." everyone around the room started to chuckle, as the girl handed her bags over to the front desk. everyone staring at her.

"come here." the girl with the dyed hair stated, going up to her and pulling off a star shaped sticker from the girl's forehead. "my advice to you is now that you're here, forget your dream of being mia colucci. there's nothing more cringe-worthy than a fan. blink twice if you understand." the girl blinking twice.