Part 2 : The Depths

It was morning, the clouds went and it went like every other morning, however, this morning was not a refreshing start to the day for some people. Like Robbie and Callist, mainly Robbie though. He swiftly leaned upwards and gasped in fright as he had a terrible nightmare, in the nightmare, he was chasing who he presumed to be his father. Something like those Farlanders he read in the books, a shorter enderman who seemed very smart, like a human. Robbie tried desperately in the nightmare to catch up with him, but like every other dream, he'd never get any closer or farther from him. Robbie looked around at the room, and Callist wasn't in bed with him. At least his fake mom isn't here to tell him more lies, and he soon got out of bed and continued packing his backpack. He stuffed it with clothes, and he even packed all his allowance, which was 33 emeralds.

Robbie opened the door and peeked downstairs to see if Callist was awake or not, and she was awake. She was sitting on the couch, crying softly while looking at old memorabilia in a book containing photos of them long ago. Robbie soon went upstairs and closed the door, and he couldn't just wait for Callist to go to work since it was a weekend. He paced around in his room on what to do but soon decided to just sneak out as he did before, he climbed through the back window and climbed down as quietly as he could. Once he got down, he crawled out of view of the side windows to make sure Callist wouldn't see him leave the house. Once he was effectively in the clear, he began booking it to downtown Mountainville. He was searching around for the library since he read a lot about this End dimension since Enderman and Farlanders originate from the End, so if it's true this farlander he sees a lot is his real father than the End is where he needs to get to. The thing is... how does one get into another dimension?!

Robbie needed to do research on the End, and maybe there is a location somewhere out in the world that the entrance into this world can be accessed. Robbie hoped it would be nearby, the library here will have books that will tell him everything he needs to know about the end. Luck seemed to be on his side, as he found the library. The Librarian was in a good enough mood to let him borrow a total of 5 books, and he borrowed 5 books about the end and how to get into the end.

...

For about 2 hours, he read through hundreds of pages about the End and he was writing down notes, he was met with confusion and frustration. The location of the "Stronghold" that contains the portal into the End, has been lost thousands of years ago after the crew of 15 men entered the end, 15 of the strongest warriors this world has ever seen, and only 1 man came back. The lone survivor of that exploration told of unfathomable horrors, impossible geology, towering skyscrapers that reach all the way to the heavens. He most importantly spoke of a great war going on at the End, the war that could non-other be the Farlander Civil War. Robbie wonders what has become of the war since surely something must have happened in the 12 years he's been alive. Surely his father must still be out there... right?

Robbie soon came upon an interesting, he found that in a temple deep in Cat Jungle, there was a map with the location of the Stronghold. Robbie remembers the Cat Jungle, it's wearing one of his aun... his fake aunts live. The last time Robbie saw one of her aunts is when he was like 3 years old, he has no idea what she's been up to. Doesn't matter, he needs to figure out where the Cat Jungle is. For that, he needs to go to the map booth and buy a map of the world. He looks at the money he has and he doesn't have enough, the world map costs 100 emeralds and he has 33 emeralds.

Robbie is thinking about what to do, but soon someone sits next to him. It was Sammy, and she said "What are you doing? Reading about the End?" Robbie nodded silently, he didn't know how to explain his current situation to Sammy. She soon placed a hand on Robbie's shoulder and said "Listen, I know what you're going through. Christian told the gang, I'm so sorry" Robbie began forming tears in his eyes, and soon said "I just feel so alone! All this time, I thought... my mom, was my mom. Turns out... she's not! I just... I just don't know what or how to feel!" Sammy nodded and soon the both of them hugged.