Adam banks// what happened to you?..

This imagine will be based off the song- amoeba by clairo ;)
please listen to the song while reading it makes it more fun 🤭🤭

"Between the gaps I was swimming laps"

It was almost time for the party i was going to, i was ready to impress one of the hottest guys at eden hall. Yeah, that one preppy high school me and the ducks got scholarships to.

"Got close to some epiphany"

A lot has been happening this past year and I was so stressed about all the hockey games me and the ducks had to practice for and all of the work at school so i tried to convince them into going to this party with me but they wouldn't. They all thought it was a terrible idea since there was going to be alcohol there and mostly all of us at the party were minors. But i didn't listen to them. I told all of them that they were too serious and full of crap and they should let go, enjoy a nice evening and have some fun in their lives but they didn't budge.

"I'll convince a friend to join deep ends"

I was at the party, by myself, drinking a soda they had, i wasn't really a fan of drinking. But once i ran into jayden buckley, man oh man i was whipped for him. He was actually the one who came up to me and asked if i wanted to dance. Ofc i said yes ;).

"Have your toes touch the lack of cement"

A few hours later, i was surprisingly all drunk dancing with jayden not caring about anything. Even if the strap of my dress slipped off my shoulder i didn't give a fuck. It was all to impress this dreamy guy infront of me. Seeing the jealous faces of all the girls around me was priceless. Until suddenly someone made a huge entrance into the party, they seemed pretty upset about something, but then i realized who that someone was..

"Gather to one corner of the woods, echo chambers inside a neighborhood"

Adam.. Adam banks? Wtf is adam doing here? He barged into the party room where he finally made eye contact with me, seeing me dancing closely with jayden, eyes piercing through my soul. He came straight for me.

"And centerfold, humility shown"

He came up to me and grabbed my wrist harshly, leading me outside while everyone at the party was watching. I was turning red. Anger, frustration, confusion, embarrassment. Oh my god why was he doing this.

"You're not as good as what your mama's sewn"

"Y/n, what the actual fuck were you doing in there? Are you insane?!?", he yelled. "Me?! am i insane?! says the one who made a WHOLE SCENE in there, dragging me out while my crush was watching me!?", i yelled back. "Is that ALL that you care about right now? me and the ducks have been trying to contact you all night! trying to see if you were okay since it's 2 am right now. We haven't heard from you in 4 damn hours. We were scared shitless!", he yelled, running his fingers through his hair. "Well i would've called you guys back eventually! i'm not even that drunk anyway, i can manage on my own thanks?!?" i said, looking into his eyes. "Y/n, your not even supposed to drink anyway? do you know how bad it would be if your parents or the school found out about this?! minors drinking at a party? this isn't like you at all! what happened?..", he said back.

"Aren't you glad that you reside, in a hell and in disguise?"

"Nothing happened okay adam?! It's just that everyones changing nowadays, ever since we started high school. There's so many high expectations set and there's always work after work after work and i'm sick of it! same thing with hockey practice! I try day after day to keep up with  both activities and I feel so drained. Everyday repeats itself. Ive become so unmotivated and I just need it to stop!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

"Nobody yet everything, a pool to shed your memory"

"You need what to stop Y/n?!" Adam yelled back, confusion and frustration in his eyes. "I need everything to stop." I whispered but was loud enough for him to hear, looking him straight in the eyes, breaking down right infront of him.

"Could you say you even tried? You haven't called your family twice"

His face softens at what i just said, just looking at me while i cry into my hands, covering my face while my mascara streams down my cheeks.

"I can hope tonight goes differently"

He walks closer to me, gently hugging me, arms around my waist while i put my arms around his neck, crying into his shoulder. He just waited there, tracing little circles along my back while trying to get me to calm down a bit. After a few sniffles here and there i looked up at adam, admiring his features, he looked back down at me and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"But i show up to the party just to leave.."

"Next time just come and talk to me Y/n, i'm always here for you love.", adam whispered. We both weakly smiled at eachother and he kissed my cheek. A little blush crept along my cheeks but thank god it was still dark outside so he couldn't really see it that well. He intertwined his fingers with mine and then we walked back to his car and drove away.