Chapter 2

"george never died. hes still alive."

dream froze. what the hell did quackity just say to him?

those words hit him like a bus. he didnt even know what he was feeling-

relief?

sadness?

betrayal?

happiness?

anger?

probably all of those.

so as a default, he grabbed the others arm, and started to make his way towards the door. of course not without passing the others.

"were leaving."

sapnap and karl stood like kids when their teacher yelled at them. they have never in their entire existence seen dream so- broken and angry?

"d-dream what happened."

"shut the fuck up nick and karl jacobs, were fucking leaving. now more specifically. so stop arguing and get your asses out of this place."

both stared at the other, confusion erupting on their faces. to avoid further conflict, they just obeyed dreams orders.

they walked for about 15 minutes in complete silence, until they reached dream house. the two lovebirds were scared shitless, they didnt want their best friend to get more angry if they did something wrong.

as soon as everyone entered, dream yanked the door closed.

"dream can you please explain to us whats wrong?" sapnap asked, with tears in his eyes threatening to spill, but never did.

but he wasnt the only one of the verge of crying.

dreams eyes were covered in tears, blurring his vision, probably from the fact that he felt so many emotions at once, he couldnt understand it himself.

but the other boys eyes were showing fright though their tears.

"i dont know how to say this i- im sorry for ruining your fun."

karl ran towards dream, embracing him into a tight hug. "no its ok dream, it was pretty boring anyway. whats wrong, talk to us please?" he pleaded. he couldnt stand the fact that his friend looked like a shattered vodka bottle.

"i told him about george. his ring flashed, so i told him the truth."

the room fell silent again. no one dared to utter a word.

until dream finally spoke up.

"why did no one tell me that he wasnt d-dead? why did you hide the painful truth for 2 years now? you know how much i loved him, so why did you all lie to me?" dream started to sob, barely making out this sentence. he didnt want to be in this situation, feeling so vulnerable in front of his friends, but here he was, crying like there was no tomorrow, letting all of his sadness out in one go, the sadness he bottled up for over 2 years now.

"dream, to be completely honest with you, we didnt know our selves. whether he was dead or not. the police gave up searching him, so it was better if we said that he was dead, at least then we wouldnt be traumatised, seeing his actual body dead." karl elaborated, still sniffing into dreams sweatshirt.

they all stayed quiet. seconds, which turned into minutes, which turned into hours. all didnt know what they should do, so crying into eachother seemed the best option for now.

after a long deafening silence, dream spoke up.

"so what are we going to do now?"

again silence. the boring silence that one could be driven insane from.