Chapter 2

A/N: 

Pronunciations:

Geoung: g-yung 

Kaji: kah-jhee

Culan: coo-lann

Bejihn: Bay-jhin

AIR MASTERS

"We'll be there in approximately ten to fifteen minutes." Geoung said a couple hours later. Polar dogs are fast!

"Okay," I brushed my straight, midnight black hair and checked my reflection in the small mirror I had brought. I braided it simply and let a few strands loose and beaded them with the traditional ivory and silver gems. I have one sapphire one, too.

I looked at my most prized possession; the flask of spirit water I own. It's in a diamond container, about four inches long, with a round, sapphire stopper. Through it is a string of leather. It swished around and glowed faintly through the hard, clear, smooth diamond. I slipped it over my head and put on my cloak. The pale blue, silk one with ermine lining. It comes just above my ankles and flows like water. I wore a sleeveless, creamy colored dress with tribal embroidery and decorations. A wide, braided brown belt was strapped onto my waist. An ivory horn of regular water covered with wool and leather and simple needlework is hung across my shoulder to my waist with a strap of thick, dependable fabric. Sturdy, molded, brown leather boots covered my feet. My mother never approved of them. "Too common." she would say. Satin slippers that pinched my toes and high heeled shoes and sandals that itched and were uncomfortable is what she thought were more "appropriate of my status". I pulled on my hood, for the wind bit my cheeks. 

I thought about the boy in front of me. He's thirteen, too. He is in the same academy and grade as me. He's is athletic and strong and popular. He has hair that is quite unusual, because our tribe normally has black hair. It's curly and blond. His eyes are normal. Piercing navy blue. Blue is the most seen color for eyes in the water tribe.

That's why my eyes are considered strange. They are dark and small. Fire Nation people tend to have yellow-brown or gold eyes. Air Nomads often have huge gray or light eyes, perhaps teal or violet. The Earth Kingdom mostly have green or hazel eyes, perhaps a dark, earthy color, but different than mine. Those are the stereotypes of this world. Obsidian colored eyes are very rare. My eyes are noted as very special, with silvery reflections and flashing darkness.

A huge mountain arose in the distance. "Those are the Air Nomads, Kaji." Geoung announced. The terrace was different than that of our tribe, but it was pretty in its own way all the same. Sandstone and mountain ore made up the towers and walls. There are four nomadic places; the east, north, south, and west. Each on a huge mountain. We were going to the north one, the main one, to find my masters.

Finally, we touched down on a very foreign material they call grass. It's some type of wide-spread plant that's greenish and sharp. It's very, very rare in the Water Tribe, because it is extremely cold most times.

We were greeted by five men in long, flowing garments and strange, pale blue arrows tattoed all over their bodies. All very tall. All very bald.

They bowed low and then the one with teal eyes motioned for us to follow him. He led us to a circular, domed room with two people standing in it. An older boy (bald obviously) with gigantic, gray eyes and those arrows, carrying a long, wooden staff, and a small girl with carmel colored hair, small violet eyes, and similar tattoes. She also held a something. Except it was a glider. She sort of tapped it and it folded back into a staff. Woah!  

"This is Culan," the bald man said while nodding at the boy.

"Greetings Avatar. I am sixteen and will help you master air." he bowed.

"Thank you for your assistance in this time of need." I bowed back.

"And this is Bejinh." he addressed the violet-eyed girl.

"Your honor, the great Avatar Kaji! The prophecies have spoken about you! Welcome! I will also aid you in the mastering of the element air. I am thirteen, too!!" she trilled with energy and her pretty eyes glistened with excitement. She bobbed her head down and knelt.

"Thank you as well, Bejinh." I bowed slightly.