Running Away From The Hunter

"This should be enough.." y/n mumbled. She looked at the fire- somehow proud of herself. "Didn't know that I'm this good-"

"I wonder who's making the fire.. It turned out there were other people in this world"

Y/n turned her head- alerted by the sudden guest. A tall guy with long brown hair, wearing man-made clothes of lion skin, and what makes her surprised is when she notices the lines on his face. The petrification mark. Which means that he was from the modern-day- just like her.

With reflex, she grabs a branch stick for defense (well that's the only thing she can use). She can't just trust someone she just met, that is what Senku told her.

"Stop right there!" warned y/n as the guy before she started to make a move. She gripped the branch tightly- rose it up to her shoulder level making it look like a sword.

He looked at her for a moment then do as she told. His eyes never leave her. Y/n was the same. Each of them was observing one another while waiting patiently for the next move until a loud bang was heard from the distance.

BOOM! BOOM!

Y/n notices the guy was a bit shocked when he sees the black smoke that started to form in the sky.

"..Senku had already foreseen, that I would be fighting him in the future with gun powder.." he said out loud, making the girl freeze.

"Senku..?" asked y/n. "You know Senku..?" Eyes widen while looking at him who already giving her a frown look. There's no denying that it is not Senku he's been talking to, it is SENKU. Her Senku!

Y/n is not dumb. It all makes sense, with who's making the explosion and all. Plus, to make this guy feel uneasy. Y/n could only think of the reason that he feel threatened by Senku's scientific knowledge. And from what she heard, he said something about 'fighting him'. Then that only proves her theory!

"Mm? So they don't revive you.." He said with a slight frown on his forehead. "But it seems you know them.. who are you?"

Y/n could only grip her branch-sword tighter. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean about them reviving me thingy.. and second, that is my question. Who exactly are you?" said y/n. Them? Then Senku's not alone..

The guy seems to be lost in thought as he suddenly quiet. Y/n takes this advantage to observe him upside down. After a short silence, he spoke. "..I will deal with you later" he said.

The 'huh' from y/n mouth was left unsaid as all of sudden, he was beside her. In two seconds, her body was lifted like a sandbag. "What the- Hey! Let me go!" y/n retorted, trying to free herself but failing continuously. The guy said nothing but tie her to a tree using the vines he found, then disappeared into the forest.

"HEY!! don't just leave me here!!"

-

Senku sighed as the sticks he throws to keep the fire alive already runs out. Yuzuriha excused herself to find more sticks, which left Senku with his thoughts alone. His mind started to think of a certain someone with beautiful h/l h/c hair (as he liked to describe).

He does have a theory but that smoke earlier doesn't make that y/n is here or even alive. It could be someone else, which is 99% probability true because of how many the current response signal is. What he could sum up is that the four of them were not alone. There's someone else surviving in this stone world. And he hopes that the person he loves dearly is one of them.

Senku glance at his back as he feels someone's presence coming. It is not Taiju with Yuzuriha but Tsukasa wielding his spear to Yuzuriha's neck. Of course, the explosion and the smoke would give our location away. That is the risk.

"If a weapon of science should enter the scene. Then I would cease to be at the pinnacle of power as the strongest!" Senku quoted, then look at Tsukasa. "From here, all it looks like you whining like a baby like that.. Tsukasa" He smirked.

Tsukasa mirrors his smirk. "Mm.. It does not matter to me how you choose to perceive it. If you create a scientific weapon and the former era is revived.. wars will once again begin over the vested interest of men.. and just like that, we will be thrown back into the corrupted, stained, and sullied world."

There was a pause before he give Senku a murderous glare. "In order to keep that from happening.. I'll do whatever it takes, and use force even if necessary"

Senku chuckled, trying to play it cool but in truth, he was worried about his friend in Tsukasa's hand. Yuzuriha was trembling. "So then it's 'I've gotta kill Mr. science man Senku!'- kukuku.. you're too kind.. even all of America weeps at the charity of your decision for capital punishment"

Once again Tsukasa smirks. "Yes, before that.." The spear that he holds gets near to Yuzuriha's neck, making the girl gasp in fear. "How about telling me the recipe for petrification revival formula?" he questioned, no- more like he demand.

"...Sorry, but I guess I'm not as nice as you are. I'm the type that can only think about what's most logical and efficient. And besides, I haven't got even a millimeter interest in that life of women ther-" before Senku could finish, Tsukasa swing his spear and cut Yuzuriha's long hair.

"!!" "kya!!"

"It is useless trying to bargain like that, Senku. After all, you didn't try to bury Yuzuriha. The most efficient thing is to keep her petrified and bury her somewhere far off and away." said Tsukasa. "That way she'd never be used as a hostage against you.. and also-"

Senku's heart almost stop beating when he heard the next words that came out of Tsukasa's mouth. "I got another girl with h/c hair and e/c eyes on my custody. I assume she was one of your friends judging how shocked she was to hear your name. Mm.. just like your reaction right now"

Y/n?!

Yuzuriha too seems to be shocked as well. "T-That couldn't be.."

"You may say you act out of your what's most efficient and logical for you.. but you have someone precious to you. Not one human is important to me.. and that is why Senku.."

Senku grit his teeth.

"This is my victory."

TBC

yoww I didn't know this story would get so many likes haqkndibddhya and *bowing politely in a japanese manner* I'm sorry it takes this long to update.

And it seems that the senku-y/n reunion would be in the next next chapter- I guess. thought I could make it in this chapter but issokay!

Well, enjoy reading simps! I double update today!