The accident

Alex

I sighed as I was playing with my race track hearing grampa calling me. I blushed and smiled as I got up and walked into the kitchen and said what is it grandpa? He smiled and said Alex I just got a phone call from Ryder he asked me to see if you would like to go hang out with chase. I blushed and said sure but why? Grandpa smiled and said chase isn't doing well and Ryders really worried and wants to see if you can Cheer him up.  I blushed and said oh okay. I smiled and said so can I take some puperroni? I smiled as grandpa chuckled and said sure it's in the pantry you know where. I smiled and nodded grabbing a case of Chases favorite treats and smiled as I hugged grandpa and said I'll be home by dinner. I smiled as he chuckled and said no need I told Ryder you can stay with chase for the weekend. I blushed and said oh okay thanks grandpa. I smiled and walked away and rode my bike to the lookout and smiled as I saw Ryder petting a depressed looking chase. I smiled and said hey Ryder hey chase special delivery. I smiled as chase looked up at me and caught onto the treats on the back of my bike. I chuckled and said come get them. I smiled as chase walked up and smiled waiting patiently. I chuckled and gave him a couple treats then smiled as I got down on the ground and smiled as I chuckled and playfully rolled him over and gave him a belly rub. I chuckled as he blushed and giggles he as I gently tickle him and said who's a good boy. I smiled as he blushed and laughed I am. I smiled and gently kissed his nose and said whose my favorite German shepherd. He blushed and said I guess I am. I chuckled and said yep as I picked him up and cuddled him to my chest and playfully said awe look Ryder it's little puppy chase. Chase blushed and said I'm not that little. I chuckled and said I know I'm only playing. He chuckled and said I know. I smiled and said first one to the television picks the show? He smiled and said you're on. I smiled and set him down and said ready set go I smiled as I let him win and said okay chase you pick. He blushed and said Apollo the super pup. I chuckled and said that's a fantastic choice. I smiled and sat down on his been-bag with him and smiled as we watched his favorite show.
Three hours later
Ryder

I smiled and watched as Alex and chase watched Apollo and sighed as I thought chase needs more play mates. I blushed and jumped as I heard my puppad ring and looked at it answering Ryder here I blushed as I saw the police station and said what's going on? I listened as the officer said there's been a horrible accident is Alex Porter there? I blushed and said yes. What's this about? I blushed as she said Mr Porter was found crushed under the collapsed rubble of his restaurant and he didn't make it he said his final wish was for you to look after Alex and make sure he's well taken care of. I blushed and said okay I'll let him know and he's more than welcome here. I sighed as she hung up and sighed as I walked into the living room trying to disguise the tears as I gently placed a hand on Alex's shoulder and said Alex I need you to come with me we need to talk. I blushed as he nodded and got up following me. I smiled and said chase here boy. I smiled and walked away with Alex into chases room and said Alex I just got a call from the police station and I'm afraid you're grandpa was killed in a building collapse. I watched carefully as Alex froze and said he's what? I blushed and said he's dead I'm so sorry. He blushed and nodded turned to chase and collapsed hugging chase and bawling. I sighed and sang

I smiled and knelt down and said Alex if you need anything let me know your grandpa loved you more than anything and I promised to take care of you. I smiled as he sniffs and said i need to see Mayor Goodway. I blushed and said okay. I smiled and called the mayor and said Hey mayor it's Ryder. I smiled as she said hi Ryder what can I do for you? I blushed and said it's Alex he's asked if he can come see you. I smiled as she said absolutely is something wrong? I blushed and said Mr Porter died in an accident and he's really struggling. I smiled as she said oh I'm so sorry I'm on my way I'll be at the lookout soon.