Chapter 01: The Familliar Stranger

"A peaceful morning, just like any other day." that's what you'd think if you're not self-aware. If you'd think about it, was there even a yesterday? No. I think not. Even if I force myself to remember a single thing I did last morning, all that effort will just be in vain. These teens along with me aren't that much of a help either. I asked them but they treated me and their lost memory a joke. Something keeps telling me they're my friends, but the more I seet it, it's more of a creepy feeling that something's ain't right.

I go on to my day as usual, attending class and everything that I would normally do in a typical sunny day. When suddenly, a familliar yet unfamiliar man walked pass me. He looked at me confused just the way I do. We locked eyes and the urge that's been building up curiosity within me made me walk up to that man and stare at him intensely.

"M-miss?" He whispered looking all shy.

"Uh huh?" I replied, still staring at him intensely full of confusion,interest, and curiosity.

"We-we're.. um, in the middle of the road.." he spoke gently while tapping my shoulders.

"What about it?" Where could have I met him? He seems too.. familliar to be someone that left an impression on me on the sidewalk, I mean, I don't really deny staring at handsome strangers but.. WAIT WHAT?! Where did that piece of my memory fragment come from?

"Miss?"

"Miss, are you listening?"

"MISS?!"

"MISSS" He shouted at me while shaking my shoulders this time.

"MISSSSSSSZ DO YOU WANNA DIE?!"

"Huh wha- NO!"

"Then MOVE!"

"UH- OKAY"

"TO THE SIDE WALK, NOW!"

Damn his attitude really did a 360. Although I'm still thankful to be alive.

Before I could even think this through more deeply I was interupted by my urge to live thanks to the familliar stranger.

Strangers POV

*Now sitting on a bench with an unwanted face*

Duck, just when I was trying to avoid her.

"Why did you even follow me in the first place?" I asked with a serious but slumped face.

"No any other reason, just because you look like someone I know."
She giggled while devouring her Ice cream.

She won't even sit and calm down after landing her eyes on an ice cream vendor on our way to talk. This girl..

"Really? Just because of that?.." I stared at her with a smug face then looked away.

"Oh c'mon, are you mad? I might not even know you but at least we could be friends :) " She smiled at me with her innocent eyes but I won't fall for it. I know her too well.

I'm.. Gray Lennon. I'm someone who remembered everything. No, let me rephrase that. I'm the only one, who remembered everything.. or so I thought.

Veronica Shae.. she's my friends younger sister and the one who annoyed me the most.

She has an IQ higher than an average person has. She won all of the competitions she joined and always left an impression everyone would at least remember and last for a year.

She's crazy, I tell you.

She even got lucky the chip placement in her neck is un-

...

uh, did I spoil too much?

(Back on Veronica's POV)

Ugh.. that guy.. He made me leave after letting me finish the ice cream.

I'm not a toddler, for God sake! But I liked the ice cream tho, what was the flavor again?

Anyways, He knew something, I'm sure of it! The way he acts nervous whenever I talked about knowing him is insane, he can't even maintain eye contact with me.

He's bad bad at lying, we're not gonna make a good team.

He's too.. uh.. foolish.

Now I feel bad... Well maybe we could be compatible together.

If I needed a sidekick to put on bait he could be suitable for the role. I mean he looks really cute but not just quite maybe my type..

*Veronica who literally just reconsidered every insults she said just because he's her type* Veronica,seriously?

-After some time-

I still haven't figured out what could be happening in our society, I get that people could see me as an insane person who was half asleep but how could you not notice your parents who's not present? This whole thing is questionable. I don't even know how I got here.. Besides only teens are here. The eldest person I know is only 25 years old..

"Oh,yeah! I forgot to feed my dog!" I shouted because of the panic I've felt.

" IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE I LAST FED MY..dog." She ran fast downstairs as her shout lowered and lowered when she realizes she doesn't have a dog in the first place.

" Just.. what.. is happening?"

My memories seem to return one by one, little by little. She felt shivers down her spine when a cold breeze touched her skin.
When suddenly.. a loud announcement was made.

"Dear Participants, This is our first introduction, welcome to our precious zone, where the Worthy ones only lasts. Rest for the night, tomorrow is when our real journey will start."