Chapter 11

Margaret motioned to the man next to her, "this is Justin. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you I was bringing him."

Francesca smiled and nodded as she let them into her apartment, "it's totally fine. It's nice to meet you Justin." She motioned to Nick behind her, "this is my boyfriend Nick."

Margaret ignored Nick, pointing to Francesca's arm, "what the fuck happened?"

Francesca sighed, "I fell at work. I'm fine." She rolled her eyes at Nick who kissed her on the cheek, "I'm tired of being fussed over."

Margaret laughed, "yeah, sure." She looked at Nick, "don't let her lie to you, she likes being taken care of."

Nick laughed, "yeah. I've noticed."

"Whatever. Let's go." Francesca grabbed her bag as she heard them all laugh at her before leaving her apartment.

*********************************************************************

Francesca looked up from her drink, past Margaret who was talking, "he brought her?"

Margaret looked back to see Richard approaching with Alison. She looked back at Francesca as she stood up, "you invited Richard?"

Francesca shook her head, dismissing her as she greeted Richard, "hey. Thanks for coming. You remember Maggie and Nick." She pointed to Justin, "this is Maggie's boyfriend Justin." She looked at Alison, "nice to see you Alison."

Alison smiled, "it's nice to meet you."

Richard and Francesca both looked at Alison, "seriously?"

Francesca rolled her eyes, "we've met so many fucking times."

Richard motioned to a chair next to Alison, "just sit." Once he took his seat across from Francesca he looked at Margaret, "it's nice to officially meet you."

Justin interjected, looking at Margaret, "you didn't tell me you had famous friends."

Margaret laughed, "I don't. Fran does."

Francesca blushed, "I'm just an assistant on a movie set."

"Oh! Right!" Alison pointed to her arm, "you're the one that fell and hurt yourself, right? What happened?"

Richard sighed, "it was my fault. She was coming to get me from my trailer and I didn't know she was behind the door and I accidentally knocked her down. I'm really sorry Franny."

Francesca shook her head, "it's fine."

Margaret looked from Richard to Francesca. When Francesca looked at her, she mouthed 'Franny'? Francesca only shook her head.

Francesca smiled, "so thank you everyone for coming to have dinner and celebrate my dinner with me." She smirked at Richard, "even if some of you were late."

Richard blushed as Alison laughed, "well we got a little distracted while getting dressed."

"Alison!" Richard shook his head at the same time as Francesca spit out her drink into Alison's face.

"What the fuck!"

Margaret laughed as Francesca's face turned red. Richard handed Alison a towel.

"I'm sorry Alison." Francesca looked at Margaret who stood up.

"I need to use the ladies room, Franny?"

Francesca nodded, following her to the bathroom.

They were barely inside before Margaret turned around to her, "first of, Franny? What the fuck."

Francesca shrugged, "I like it when he says it." She began to pace, "he said the Alison thing was only a PR relationship. Now they're sleeping together!"

"What does it matter, you're with Nick."

Francesca stopped walking and groaned, "I know. I shouldn't care. Why do I?" She went to the sink to wash her hands, seeing Margaret watching her, "what?"

Margaret laughed, rolling her eyes, "you know why. Let's go."

Francesca returned to the table, sitting next to Nick as she avoided Richard's gaze. She felt Nick rubbing her back, making her lean back to his shoulder as he kissed her on the head.

Margaret slid a box down the table to Francesca, "happy birthday loser."

Francesca laughed as she opened the box. Inside was a beaded bracelet that said 'best friends'. She laughed, looking at Margaret who held up her own.

"I was cleaning out some of our stuff from my parents house and found these. We made them when we were like ten. Remember?"

Francesca nodded, placing the bracelet on her wrist. "I do. That was the day I fell off the deck of the pool and broke my arm." She held up her left arm, looking at Richard, "see, it's a habit." He nodded and smiled as he rested his arm behind Alison's chair. He saw Francesca notice, removing his arm to rest it in his lap. She looked back at Margaret, "thank you Maggie."

Nick sighed, setting a bag in front of her, "I know we're still getting to know each other, so I went a little safe."

Francesca nodded, "I don't need anything Nick. But I appreciate it." She leaned over to kiss him before opening the bag. Inside the bag was candles and bath bombs along with a new set of AirPods with her name engraved on them. "It's great Nick. Thank you."

He smiled, "I thought you could use more relaxing." He nudged her shoulder, "you can bring them to my place since I have the bigger tub."

She smirked, "oh. I like the sound of that." She giggled as he leaned over to kiss her as he handed her an envelope. She looked at the envelope, opening it to find a massage certificate, "oh! Thank you Nick!"

He nodded, "you're welcome love."

Richard looked down at the table at Nick calling her love. He looked up to see Margaret watching him, giving him a small smile. He sighed, placing a box in front of Francesca, "happy birthday Franny."

She lifted the lid on the box to find an expensive e-reader, "Richard. Thank you!"

He shrugged, "I didn't know what to get you. You said you like to read. I pre-loaded it with a bunch of my own favorite books."

Francesca smiled, "wow. Thanks Richard! I love it."

He nodded and smiled as Alison pulled his attention back to her. Francesca rolled her eyes before putting his present in the bag with Nick's.

*************************************************************************

Once they finished dinner, they went dancing. Francesca was on the floor with Nick when he leaned down to her ear.

"Why you so upset about Richard being with Alison?"

She shook her head, "it's not that. I just didn't know. He said it was only a PR relationship." She shrugged, "but I guess it's more than that now."

He nodded, sighing. "You spending the night with me?"

Francesca smiled, nodding, "I was hoping so." She looked at him for a moment, "what?"

Nick shrugged, "nothing."

She knew he wasn't being truthful but pulled his lips to hers. She heard him moan as he pulled her closer to him. She placed her hand at the nape of his neck, resting his head on hers, "I really like you Nick. And like being with you. Nothing has changed that."

He nodded, "you'll tell me if something does change it?"

Francesca nodded, "of course."