Chapter Four:

Once again the Mirror's portal sent us to yet another loop hole to another point in time. It seemed time travel became the mundane for me, but I was hoping this experience would be FAR  better than the last, in Jotunheim. This time we came to what looked to be a brightly lit Palace.....I was home?!.

Together with Stephen Strange the portal opened and we stepped out into the hallway, the feeling was intoxicating- it made me feel a burst of happy emotion that I hurried forward "here we go again?..." Stephen Strange shrugged and placed his hand on his head. The hallway smelled like a Christmas tree, that I followed it, when I heard a sound from the stairwell, looking in that direction, a young boy a bit tall with blonde hair came running to the living chamber of the palace. Eger I kept looking, when my heart skipped a beat!- she came down the stairwell, her hair in a loose braid, wearing a lavish looking red gown, a long billowy red sheer cape flowed like an invisible breeze was lifting it around blowing it "Thor my darling slow down, your father and I are coming!" she called, when I looked from the section of the stairwell, my eyes began to brim with happy tears- Odin came down the stairwell....holding my hand!?- "...Julenissen will be visiting tonight?- have you been a good boy this year?" He asked as he picked me up in his arms, I couldn't handle it anymore, did I really forget my early childhood?- did I really mean to forget this moment?- I just stood there my mind was debating if I wanted to proceed to see what was happening in the living chamber, wiping my eyes I walked over to the entrance of the living chamber- not sure if I was prepared for what was going to be seen then, when I looked and saw Frigga sitting next to her Husband Odin I was on his lap, Thor was beside him, he pulled an old cloth covered book close to him and opened it "this story was told by my Father, your Grandfather- about the great Viking being called The Magical Tale Of Julenissen..." I smiled as the tears returned to my eyes, I remember this story!- I don't know how?, but I remember this story.....Odin began to read "they say that there was a magical being who visited the realm of our home....Asgard...many many eons ago, long before your Mother and I were even born- the Asgardian Peasants would decorate their households with Tree's and other things with anticipation- anticipation that Julenissen the magical Christmas Elf would arrive and deliver presents to the good boys and girls..but he didn't do it alone?..." Odin said as my younger version, snuggled against him. I hide behind the door closing my eyes as tears streamed down my cheeks, "what's wrong now?" Stephen asked looking at me "n,nothing....th,this is just a beautiful memory.." I said with a sniffle "I'm happy- in yet I feel?-" I began "- regret shamefulness?" He started "...you don't understand?...I took everything I once had for granted?...even this beautiful moment" I said looking back into the living chamber, "your a very interesting person Loki- the complexity of your emotions is like a puzzle so advanced not even I can solve it" He mentioned, as I wiped my face "..I didn't even remember this happening?-" I began struggling to keep from sobbing "because you chose not to remember it- you chose to forget it.." He added "come now?, I was a teenager, going through things at the time- why would I keep happy memories when I was kept in the dark most of the time?" I explained, "maybe the relevance of wanting a better relationship with your Father- or Mother and Brother?" Stephen looked at me "either way I can't fix them even if I tried- their all dead because of me.." I lowered my head, "I thought this was supposed to be a journey of reflection, not personal issues- involving past events?" He asked "....you really don't know allot about me do you?" I asked him. "I don't have to know about you personally, I just learn about it" He answered "how?" I asked him "I have been gifted with-" He began "....the ability to see into the future of other's- so your a time sorcerer?..." I guessed, Stephen looked at me oddly "not exactly- look, isn't this supposed to be about you and not me?" He asked "..I think I deserve to know what your role is supposed to be- or are you just like all those other people who like to keep me from things, that I've dealt with my whole life?" I asked "...you really are a sassy being aren't you?" He replied "..you have NO idea!" I added "fine?...right this way for a brief moment" He motioned for me to follow him he levitated in the air and floated down the hallway, I followed him out to the grand veranda that was lightly dusted with freshly fallen snow. "Ok Stephen?.." I started to say, He lowered to the ground and walked up to me, face to face almost "...I only talk to people I'm familiar with, we barely know each other, but since your so persistent on knowing about me, I ask only for your trust- firstly..." He looked at me "that would be a challenge Stephen- I have a hard time being trusted?" I mentioned "if I share with you how I came to have my abilities, do I at least have your word that you won't betray my trust?" he asked "a hard bargain...but ok, I give you my word" I finally came to an agreement with the Sorcerer I held my hand out in an agreement He looked down at my hand long and hard, "know your limits with me God Of Mischief" He forewarned "you have my word.." I assured him, with no look of mischievous in my face, as he shook my hand in agreement...I was finally going to know more about him....