29. TAINTED BEING

" 𝑾𝒉𝒚'𝒔 𝑵𝑨𝑺𝑨 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏? 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒆𝒕. "

________

" 𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒓 𝑷𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒃𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚. "

AUTHOR POV

Marissa and Maya have been spending a lot of fun time together. They tried out different things together. Since Nathaniel refused to let Maya visit the pack, she allowed the pack to visit her.

Marissa brought some of the children to Nathan's house for a sleepover under Maya's request. Though the idea itself sent shivers to the children, everybody shrugged it off including Maya herself.

Nathaniel has never allowed anybody aside from David and Marissa to visit his house. What will happen if he learns that Maya invited some children to spend the night at his home?

"Marissa everything is going to be alright" Maya encouraged her as she was stressed over their idea. The children were in the garden playing and they were preparing some milkshakes and cupcakes for all of them.

"Maya, Nathaniel will kill us" Marissa emphasized the word kill. She was damn scared.
"He won't do anything, yes he will be angry for some couple of days but won't do anything"
"How are you so sure about that?" Marissa asked looking at Maya in a confused manner.

The former Maya won't even dare lift a pin against Nathan after what he did to her back at Seattle and here this new Maya is, clearly rebelling against his rules.

"Leave everything to me, I'll take care of everything myself," Maya said passing her an assuring smile.
They took the milkshakes and cupcakes to the garden and distributed them to the kids.

They all played different types of games. When they were preparing the kids to bed their mothers called Marissa telling them to return the kids. They all knew Nathan's rule, they were brave enough to allow their kids to come over but to sleep over, they all loved their lives. Nathan wouldn't touch the kids but will punish their mothers for allowing them to go to his house.

Maya was sad at first but later understood their point. Marissa was relieved a little.
"Why doesn't Nathaniel allow people to visit his house?" Maya asked her out of nowhere.
Marissa doesn't know why but she was sure he had a good reason.

"I don't know" Marissa answered her sipping her juice.
Maya gave her a stop lying look.
"Seriously Maya I don't have the answer to that question myself" Marissa added again.

"You don't always have an answer do you?" Maya snapped back a little bit rudely. Marissa was confused, when did Maya start having mood swings.
"Maya, what are you saying?" Marissa asked with astonishment.

"You love keeping a lot of secrets for Nathaniel don't you" Maya inquired suddenly and dangerously calm.
"I don't know where you are getting at here Maya, but you better don't start a fight between us" Marissa warned with an annoyed look.

"Tell me the truth, what is the relationship between Nathaniel and Diana" Maya's demand made Marissa choke on her saliva. How did she know about Diana and Nathaniel? Did David tell her anything? No, if he told her he would have informed her.