Chapter 2: Rough Morning

Shrignold's perspective: I noticed that night when Lars got home from the bar, he looked like he was in a crappy mood. He went straight to the fridge, took four bottles of beer out and went right to his room. Tony and I were sitting on the couch, watching as it all happened.

"What's his problem?" Tony asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. Should I go check on him?" I asked.

"Sure, why not," Tony sighed. I got up and went down the hall. I peeked in through Lars' door. 

"Lars? Are you ok?" I asked. He was sitting on his bed, chugging his beers. He didn't answer me for a few seconds. 

"I'm ok, Shrig. I just need some alone time," Lars explained. I saw him wipe a tear off his face and take another sip of his beer.

"Did something happen at the bar?"

"Well... I mayyyy have gotten in a teeny tiny argument with the bartender," Lars said with a chuckle. I sighed and smiled. 

"Well at least you didn't get hurt. You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"No, no, I just yelled at him and left."

"Of course. Don't drink too much; Tony's sick of you vomiting in his bathroom," I said. 

"Well you can tell Tony that it's not his bathroom; it belongs to everyone," Lars giggled. I snickered and went back to the living room.

"What happened?" Tony asked as I sat down next to him.

"He just got in a fight with the bartender," I said.

"With the bartender? I thought Lars loved that guy. He literally lets him have free drinks."

"Yeah, I'm not sure what really happened. I'm just glad he's safe."

Tony stared at me. I looked over at him, confused.

"What- why are you staring?"

"I just can't imagine a world where you like Lars. But I guess I'm living in it now," Tony said.

"I know. I don't even fully believe myself. I've never felt like this before. Do you think it's weird? It feels weird. I'm really sweaty right now and-"

"Shrig, calm down. You're overreacting. I know you're the love expert around here, but I think I should give you some pointers."

"Please do, I'm desperate."

Larry's perspective: I woke up the next morning with a pain in my stomach. I could hardly remember anything from last night. I rolled over onto my side and saw the pile of empty bottles on the floor by my bed. Now I remember. I checked my phone and saw that I had slept in. I got up and went to the living room. Shrignold was sitting on the couch watching TV but the moment I walked in his eyes went straight to me.

"Hey, Lars, my car is ready to come back. Do you think you could drive me to the repair shop so I can pick it up?" Shrignold asked. 

"Mmph.. I dunno, I don't feel so good... I mean, I would, but- I- mph-" I muttered. I flopped onto the couch beside him and clutched my stomach.

"Are you alright??"  

"I'm alright, I just- I need- I need to sleep- some more. Nghh-"

Shrignold turned around to Steve, who was in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Steve, could you get some water for Lars?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," he said. He poured up a glass and handed it to Shrignold.

"Here, drink this," he told me. I took a sip of the water and sighed. 

"Sorry, Shrig. I would drive you but I just can't today," I told him. He put his hand on my arm.

"That's ok, Lars. I can pick it up tomorrow," he said gently. I grinned. I looked into his eyes. Is it just me or does he look so gorgeous? Man, I really drank a lot last night. Imagine if I really did have feelings for him... hah! That's hilarious. Me liking Shrignold; what a joke. I know how uptight he is about his father or some shit being homophobic. God, it feels like everything is spinning. Shrignold's still looking at me.. what's with that?? I can feel my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. I'm... getting... sleepy.