0.5

|blinding lights (slowed) — the weeknd|

The morning after McKay's party was weird for Juniper to say the least. She woke up in an unfamiliar bed dressed in clothes that weren't hers. To keep herself from freaking out, she sat for a while and tried to remember what had happened.

Juniper had a very faint memory of Fezco asking her if she wanted to come over, and some relocation of talking with him in the bedroom but the rest of her mind was still foggy. She didn't know if all of the substance use from the night before was the cause of her forgetfulness, or if it was the lack of sleep. Regardless of how much she's remembered in the moment, Juniper knew that she had to get home.

Her mother had no clue that Juniper had even gone out the night before, despite me being there and us getting ready together. Juniper's mother didn't notice a lot of things, and the alcohol abuse wasn't helping with that matter. I personally didn't think her mom would notice her absence or her empty bed, but Juniper worried. She always did.

Juniper stripped of the clothes she borrowed from Fez, and folded them in a neat pile after she had made his bed. After getting back into her party clothes, Juniper looked around the small room for something to write with and a piece of paper. She quickly found a small notepad and a pencil.

Juniper could tell by how light it was outside that it was still dawn, and the sun had just began rising. She figured Fez wouldn't be awake yet, so she scribbled out a note to thank him.

Fezco, thank you for taking care of me last night. I'm sure I was a mess, but I really appreciate what you did. Thank you <3

Juniper shook her head and quickly erased the heart.

I know we just met, but if you ever wanted to hang out like normal people do, and without all the worry, call me. thank you so much again, and I'll see ya around
xxx-xxx-xxxx
—Red

She finished up the note and stuck it on top of the folded clothes before standing from the bed. Juniper shuffled down the hallway, and through the kitchen to be able to get to the front door. Someone clearing their throat caught her attention. Juniper turned around to see Ash sitting on the counter eating.

"You dippin'?" he asked, eating a spoonful of cereal.

"Yeah," She sighed as she pushed the hair out of her face. "I gotta get home."

"Fuck," Ash mumbled when Juniper pushed all of her hair away from her neck. His eyes danced over the dark spots on her skin that Fez had told him about the night prior. "He wasn't joking."

"Who wasn't?" Juniper looked up at him, watching as he shook his head.

"Uh Fez," He put down the bowl of cereal and pushed it away from himself. "He told me the milk might be expired..." Ash lied. "It is."