❖ 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲: 𝙇𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 ❖

Stories due: 2/5/2022

Winner from voting: N/a

About the oneshot:

AU: LoveLine AU part 2

Series: Rainbow Quest

Ships: FavreMyTime (platonic) and M x Light

I couldn't wrap my head around what just happened. Three years, and M thinks I've been cheating on him? And with Time? I could never imagine myself doing such a thing.

I've always been loyal to whoever I'm close to, and M was no exception to that. Why would he think I changed now, three years into our relationship? I wouldn't even write a letter like that, and certainly not to my best friend.

Not that Time was bad or anything. He just isn't my type.

I sighed heavily as I sat down on the couch in my house. Who would do such a thing to me and M? Who would deliberately want us to break up, and why?

There were too many questions I could ask and receive no answer to.

Right now, however, was no time to seek out answers. I needed to find proof that I didn't cheat on M, and a few days was all I had to do so. But how do you do that when there's nothing you can use?

There was only one thing I could think of that might work: having Time himself say that we weren't together. It was a long shot, since Time had closed off his dimension, but it was all I could do that could serve as solid proof.

If that failed, then I don't know what else would work.

~~~

I was sure to wake up early the next day and set off for the access point. Time was now my only means of salvaging my relationship with M, and I couldn't screw this up without making things worse. If things went wrong, which there was no way there could be, then M and I may be over for good.

I took a deep breath as I reached the prairie where the access point was found. The sun had fully risen over the horizon now, since I traversed the distance on foot. No powers meant no teleporting, despite who I was in relation to the steves.

I stopped in the middle of the open area before calling out to my friend.

"Time!" I shouted to the prairie. "Time, I know you closed off the Time Dimension, but I really need to talk to you! It's important!"

Silence was what greeted me. I frowned, knowing that Time may not have heard me. Maybe he couldn't hear me when he closed off his dimension. I never understood how it worked because Time never explained it to me.

But then lightning broke the calm atmosphere. I shut my eyes for a moment as the strikes became too much for me, then waited for them to stop. They did so a moment later, allowing me to open my eyes and see the familiar portal leading into Time's dimension before me.

I grinned. Looks like Time could still hear me after all.

I was quick to get a running start and jump through the portal. I shut my eyes like I did a moment prior, and reopened them when I landed on the other side. The sight that greeted me was the familiar, old-fashioned Time Dimension, still in the same state as its always been.

"Hey, Sabre!" A familiar voice called. I turned to my left to see Time awaiting me at the top of the stairs. "Been awhile, hasn't it?"

"Yeah, no kidding." I chuckled. Even if the letter wasn't written by me, I had to admit it was right when it said that three months went by quickly. It was as if the time passed us by quicker than it should've.