ii. never see, never know

(y/n)'s perspective

i peddled hard, biking as fast as i could.

i was a big deal a decade ago. why can't that just be forgotten already?

i just wanna get to work already, and so i focused my mind on only that. i refused to let agoraphobia consume me, and i wouldn't let myself fall victim to that.

one of my coworkers on that show had actually actively sook treatment for that. his name was joey mahmuh, but he commonly went by joe.

he was my "tv dad," which was what i had used to call him growing up. but after the fifth season of the show, i can recall his mental state depleting rapidly. it was more common for joey to be offset than onset.

he was always doing things he shouldn't have alone at home, locked away from the public eye. but the fact that he was never sober was awful for publicity and repeated the horrific cycle of mahmuh's social phobia.

later in '87, he was formally kicked from the show and was replaced with a lookalike. later that year, mahmuh was diagnosed with severe social anxiety after being admitted to a psych ward in fall of that year.

i felt my lips draw in tight and i bit the inside of my lip. i couldn't imagine what that must've been like for him. but shamefully, part of me just didn't want to think about joe mahmuh anymore.

the reminiscence of mahmuh was apart of the plentiful collection of memories i had concerning my early and failed career.

i shook my head, dissipating any recollection of such topics as i focused on biking to my destination. i could see the building and make out its color palette, which was an assortment of checkered beige and tan.

freddy fazbear's pizzeria was located at the bottom of a short slope, so i had to bike down a small hill to reach it. there was a bicycle rack beside the door, so i planned to tie it up there with some chain.

the building had a bright violet awning with a red accent lining the tip. the doors were clear, but also had red accenting the perimeter of it. pizza posters were placed in the windows, showcasing sales and new prices. the parking lot was packed. it probably was some kid's birthday, so that explains quite a bit of it.

i hopped off my bicycle and rolled it over to the rack, tying it to the metal pole with that loose chain. but i didn't really know how to tie it, so i threw it around the bike and prayed nobody would take it.

i pushed open the doors as the scent of feet and pizza filled my nostrils and i had gagged into my hand.

i might genuinely throw up.