prologue.

TRIGGER WARNING !! TRIGGER WARNING !!

this chapter includes;
- descriptive murder (rlly detailed, i guess)
- gore
- mentioned cannibalism
- poisoning
- blood

PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS !!!

Laughter filled the forest as three younglings gathered around to play. "Okay, okay! So, we met up at the same place, same time, now what do we do?" The black-haired female asked the other two.

"Well, I don't know. It was Alastor who gathered us here," You hummed, rocking back and forth on your heels as you eyed both of them playfully.

The red-haired gentleman crossed his arms and puffed his chest out. "Well, we've already played a few games for the past week, and there's this specific common game we haven't tried out yet. I don't know if you all have heard of it, but what about we play a game of Hide and Seek?"

You eyed your other friend, Victoria. "I don't know, Alastor. This is a big forest, after all. There's a reason why we don't play hide and seek in here. We could get lost if someone splits up!" Victoria exclaimed, rather dramatically.

"Oh, please! You bunch are just a pack of cowards!"

You and Victoria both gasp at Alastor's words. "Alastor, that's a bad word! You just said the forbidden C word!" You spoke in shock, whilst Victoria nodded in agreement. "Well, mama used to say that 'coward' wasn't a bad word, and if she says that it isn't, then I'm pretty sure that she's right! After all, mothers know best!"

"Huh."

"Well, you're kind of right about that..."

Murmurs of agreement were to be heard as Alastor chuckled sheepishly. "Well, come on, now. Are you two gonna be a bunch of little sissies and back out? Hide and Seek in an open space is gonna be fun!"

"Hngh... Fine! I call not it!" You exclaimed, grinning mischievously.

"Not it as well! Run!" Victoria laughed as she dragged your hand and ran to the distance, leaving Alastor baffled. "Wha? No, that's not fair! You cheaters!" He wailed out, doubling both of your friend's laughter as you both decided to split up so that Alastor wouldn't find both of you.

The forest was foggy, which gave an unsettling vibe. Typically the type of nature where you could have your guts taken out...

You shuddered at the thought. You were FAR too young to think of those things. You tried to focus on the game, keeping count of Alastor's countdown.

Well, apparently, you only had 10 seconds left to hide properly.

And, there goes the panic system.

"6," You looked around as you saw a huge log on the ground. Sprinting over there in an instant, you jumped over the wooden structure and lied down, in hopes that there weren't any bugs or insects present. You couldn't care less if your clothes got dirty.

Though, you would be dead either way to your sister.

"3, 2, 1! Ready or not, here I come!" Your male friend yelled out before snickering to himself.

Oh, boy.

You stayed there on the ground, manually breathing.

You covered your mouth as you breathed heavily, gulping now and then.

A shrill shriek was to be heard. "Haha, found you!"

"Not fair, we were already far enough!"

Alas, Victoria is now a damsel in distress as she got caught by the fiery dragon of Hide and Seek.