Two : Forever in a minute

There he stood, amidst the busy hall filled with chatter and laughter

There he stood, amidst the busy hall filled with chatter and laughter. Everyone had a drink in their hands and it seemed to be a pretty busy party. From the corner of his eye, he could see the woman twirling and twisting around the many people gathered in separate and small groups, engaged in different conversations.

His eyes followed her until someone took a seat next to him on the bar-section chairs of the restaurant he was in, leaning towards him.

"Kim Taehyung is hooked onto the mysterious girl's every single step while sitting inside a restaurant for a commoner's party in Seoul. This would make big headlines," He heard the feminine voice speak casually, leaving him to smile in a sarcastic manner before turning towards her direction.

"No one asked that opinion at the last, Jeremy" he caked the smile even more with raised eyebrows.

"And I don't care about that, Karen," She fired back before leaning back on the seat and smiling back. "Thank me."

"Thank you for inviting me," Taehyung's smile turned into an unpretentious and grateful one as he respectfully slid a glass of alcohol towards Moon, the immediate persona switch made her chuckle a little until he spoke up again. "So what's the occasion? Is this, like a get-together or something?" His voice was light as a feather while he sounded genuinely confused.

"Oh, about that-"

"Oh God, where have you been, Moon? I've been trying to find you for the past twenty minutes-"

The two figures on the bar seats turned towards their back to face the owner of the voice in sync, and that's when she immediately froze upon registering the presence of the male out of the two.
The voice obviously belonged to Yumi. Yumi, who was innocently searching for her best friend amidst the crowd just to find her sharing a drink with V of BTS.

"-Oh holy fuck," Her words tumbled into a sudden expletive with big eyes and parted lips. "What is Kim Taehyung doing at my birthday party?"

"Your birthday party?"

"I invited him,"

Taehyung seemed to be even more confused than before, until he realised that the woman who had invited him never told him what he'd been invited for, except for the part where he knew he would meet Yumi. And he never bothered to ask about the rest.

Moon tilted her head at her soulmate before softly hopping down the bar chair and walking to Yumi's side. "You know, we just caught up after I returned from the U.S. Felt fair to invite him here. You asked me to invite all of my close friends after all," She smiled sweetly after whispering in Yumi's ear and attempted to escape until the latter caught hold of her arm and pulled her close.

"Since when, is Kim Taehyung your close friend?" The birthday girl hissed back and narrowed her beautiful eyes at Moon, who simply shrugged before tugging her arm away and giving her another smile. "Enjoy." She whispered again and left the scene to socialize. Yumi followed her figure with disbelief until the man sitting behind her cleared his throat, leading her to focus on him out of impulse. She definitely wanted to run.