02

The suns beam from my window shined brighter than it ever had before, my families conversation downstairs louder than ever. Grunting, I rolled my sleepy body to my bed-side table and slammed a couple tablets down my throat, gulping on the glass of water that drowned my migraine.

It was always the same cycle over the weekend. Tell myself that I won't drink too much on the Friday. Drink too much.
Hangxiety levels 100.

I hauled myself out of my warm bed before grinning at the pleasant waft of bacon and eggs sizzling downstairs, one of Hillary's masters.

"Smells good" I state before jumping onto the chair besides Jake, his leg bouncing up and down and drool dripping from his lip as plates of food gets placed in the centre of the glass table.

"You working today?" My dad asked before shoving scrambled egg into his mouth and flicking onto the next page in the newspaper. His dark eyes glanced to me through the gap between his eyebrow and the top of his glasses.
"Not today." I respond, sipping my orange juice and scooping some food onto my plate. The eggs looked so bright. The bacon crispy just how I liked. And the orange juice of course, had no bits in it.

"Surprising" Jake mumbled, and I couldn't agree more.
"Can we do something? We never hang out anymore." Tasha sulked, her body half the size of the chair she sat on, awkwardly placed between Hillary and Dad.

"Yeah, sure. Shopping?" I was planning on spending some money today anyways, so I figured it'd be ok if she tagged along. I watched her lips curl into a smirk as her head slowly turned to dad, a chuckle sounding from everyone whilst he sighed, pulling out a couple 20 dollar bills. "You girls" he muttered, rolling his eyes.

As I scraped the last specs of food from my plate and sipped the remaining orange juice from my glass, my phone buzzed, rattling the knives and forks on the table. I knew exactly what the message was going to be.

"We're gonna have to reschedule Tash

"We're gonna have to reschedule Tash." I sigh, rubbing my head that still pounded, every cell in my brain as if drenched with gin and tonic.

"Really? You said that last time" she moaned, her high pitch tone stinging my ears like the music from last night.
"It's not my fault, ok? We'll go on my next day off." I hastily say before shoving my plate into the sink, racing up the stairs and making myself look presentable, trying to ignore the fact I was over-worked and sliding my laptop and notebook into my black shoulder bag.

✦✦✦

"I need that done today" He aggressively spat down the phone whilst slumped in his office chair, the back of his head resting so his eyes met with the ceiling. The man was almost lying down in his chair, unbothered about anything happening around him, focused on the orders he threw to a colleague on the other end of the phone.

I sat up straight, my legs crossed and my hands resting on my knee. My attention fixed onto anything apart from Finn. My eyes on everything, anything else, but my ears just on him.