i almost do.

rosé had moved into a new apartment only a few days ago as the other blackpink members all had their own places already and only gathered at the dorm once every other week.

her apartment was cozy and homey but the cold winter nights were a challenge. this night, in particular, was colder and harsher than every other night.

she had just come back home, if she could even call it that, from practice. her schedule was extremely hectic as it always is while preparing for comebacks.

she had just taken a shower and now having nothing to do, she decided to make herself a cup of hot choco to somehow neutralize chilly cold night and make it a little less brutal.

feeling the apathy of her environment, she decided to do what made her feel the happiest. sing.

she picked up her guitar and sang a few songs she liked until an idea popped up in her mind.

*

jaehyun was in his hideout, after coming back from his schedule. he felt drained as he was busy preparing for a comeback as well as a few other things.

he was sitting on an egg chair next to the giant window through which he could see the busy roads of Seoul and the glimmering lights from the traffic. this train of thought was disturbed by a notification he received on his phone.

he opened his phone to see the notification which was from his fake Instagram account he uses to follow other artists he likes. the notification was from none other than the person who has been occupying all his thoughts, rosé.

he clicked on the notification to see that she was doing a livestream. she was strumming the guitar and started playing a beautiful melody.

since they haven't talked in quite a few weeks, he followed her Instagram to keep up with her and to know how she was doing. because deep down he grew to genuinely care about her dearly in that brief time they spent together.

"i bet this time of night you're still up
i bet you're tired from a long hard week
i bet you're sittin' in your chair by the window
looking out at the city and i bet
sometimes you wonder about me"

just hearing these lyrics made him so emotional because he could tell the amount of emotion she was putting into the singing. and the lyrics were scarily relateable to him.

"and i just wanna tell you
it takes everything in me not to call you
and i wish i could run to you
and i hope you know that every time i don't
i almost do, i almost do

i bet you think i either moved on or hate you
'cause each time you reach out there's no reply
i bet it never ever occurred to you
that i can't say "hello" to you
and risk another goodbye

and i just wanna tell you
it takes everything in me not to call you
and i wish i could run to you
and i hope you know that every time i don't
i almost do, i almost do

oh, we made quite a mess, babe
it's probably better off this way
and i confess, babe
in my dreams, you're touching my face
and asking me if i wanna try again with you

and i almost do

and i just wanna tell you
it takes everything in me, not to call you
and i wish i could run to you
and i hope you know that every time i don't
i almost do, i almost do

i bet this time of night you're still up
i bet you're tired from a long hard week
i bet you're sittin' in your chair by the window
looking out at the city and i hope
sometimes you wonder about me."

[I almost do by taylor swift. (taylor's version.)]

his eyes betrayed him, he could feel tears welling up his eyes as the song she was singing came to an end. he could see that she was teary-eyed as well.

rosé quickly started joking about her tearing up saying stuff like you aren't human if you don't cry listening to taylor swift. she quickly dismissed the topic and went on joking with blinks.

there and then jaehyun made up his mind that he will get her back no matter what he has to go through.