chapter three

After Kyoujurou had driven out of sight, you and Tengen were off to the nearest bar and rushed inside to find the quickest booth and settled in. You put your bag beside you as you took out your phone and a notebook.

"Two shots of tequila, please." Tengen held out two fingers to the waiter and she nodded at him.

"Whoa, whoa. Who said we're drinking?" You grimaced at him, but he looked dumbfounded at your question.

"Are you serious? We both need this. " He peered over at what you were beginning to do and pointed at your notebook with his chin. "So, what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to recall the last few things that we wrote down and I took some pics before Kyoujurou took away our work." You replied as you scribbled down at your notebook.

"Yeah, we're not exactly geniuses for only using paper over google docs."

You snorted. "Right? But it's not like we were 100% today, so I don't blame us too much."

"Still though,"Tengen began and you looked at him from your notes. "You really have a knack for cramming and getting things done as quickly as possible."

You quickly averted our gaze back to your work to cover the small smile he somehow managed to put on your face.

"Was that a smile?" He teased trying to get a good gander at you, but you were saved by the shots.

Your waiter had set down two shot glasses in front of you with lime wedges and some salt. "Oh, thank God."

You were quick to make work of putting the salt on your hand and Tengen was astonished at your sudden decision.

"I thought you weren't going to drink!" He laughed as he took the salt shaker from your hand.

"It's like you said before, we deserve it!" You gestured out your hand to him for you guys to start together. He grinned at you as he got his hand prepped.

"Damn, right. Ready?"

You nodded with glee and the moment you heard him say "Go!", you both licked the part where your thumb and pointer finger met and downed the shot. It felt like fire liquid going straight down your throat, but you toughed it out as you squeezed the lime into your mouth and then pounded at your chest as you choked out. Tengen's mirth filled your ears as you chased it down with water. You kicked him under the table and but that didn't stop him from nearly falling out of his booth.