The Lab

A/N 

(D/B)= Dog breed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up from your sleep to the buzz of the lights above you. You pulled yourself up from the cold table you were forced to sleep on. Just another Monday in the lab. You still felt overly happy from one of the "powers" that you had. You were told that you had a "kill mode" if you got stressed or too scared, but you had never used it, and never seen it yourself. You were also told that your emotions projected onto other people and your emotions were amplified, happiness working the best. You heard a buzz, causing your to focus your attention on the door instead of your surroundings. The man on the PA system started talking to you 

"Subject  2796 please follow the kind man at the door to the testing area"

You got up from your metal table, or your bed and the heavy metal door slid open with a loud CLUNK!  There was a man at the door like the man on the PA system told me, and I followed behind him, stretching your arms as you walked. After some time, you finally reached the room that was slightly bigger than your room. You went over to the doctors chair and sat down, your legs kicking slowly as you waited patiently for the man to prepare whatever they were going to do today. 

The man finally finished preparing the bag of strange substance (that was half orange half dark blue in color and slightly glowing) that he poured into the bag that was attached to the chair you were in. He grabbed your arm gently and examined it carefully, looking for something in your arm. When he found the thing he was looking for, he gently poked the needle into your arm, and the switch on the side of the chair was flipped, causing the contents of the bag to flow into your arm, causing your eyes to burn slightly. The bag was at about halfway before your eyes started burning more and more, causing you to blink slightly. You decided to count the amount of times you blinked to keep yourself occupied. You counted 36 blinks before the pain stopped. You looked around the room and then caught your eyes had drifted on to the man. He looked back at you and stared at you with a shocked face. The rest of the bag finally ran out as the man slowly took the needle out of your arm and let you down from the chair. 

It was time for phase two of testing: The Physical Test. You were taken back to your room for a short amount of time and you had to wait there for a bit, so you decided to look at yourself. You walked over to the small mirror in your room and saw that your hair was blonde with a long blue streak down the middle in it instead of the silky (h/c) that it was before. You also noticed that your eyes were two different colors, the right one being orange and the other was a deep red. You wanted to check out more things about these changes but the people came and took you to a room. The room had two platforms, one with a floodlight over it and the other with a dim light over it. You were told to go stand on the platform with the brighter light over it, and you obeyed. As you were standing in the light, the skin on your hand changed color, the tips of your fingers changed to orange, like your eye,  and the color changed at your joint to a lighter orange.

You were told to go into the dim light, and you did so. Now standing in the dim light, the skin on your hand changed again, the tips of your fingers were blue, and your hands were a very light white. The lady next to you helped you down and told you that the light changed the color of your hands, bright lights change your hands to orange colors and the dark changes your hands to dark blue and white. You asked the lady why your hands were light blue if they were supposed to be dark blue. She explained that it wasn't very dark, so the color wasn't that deep. After talking to you, she gave you a lollipop, which was the sweetest thing you had since you were born, and walked you over to a door. The lady opened the door and asked you to go inside. Inside the room was a small dark maze.