Chapter Two, Intruder

I don't know why the hunters wiped out my kind.

We're the most protective and powerful wolf there is, I just don't understand why other weres want us dead. After all, the war was fifty years ago.

-Harper crown.

Every morning I patrol the forest even though, it's way out of our pack's boundaries.

Every time I run in the forest I get a scent that isn't from our pack.

'Who does this scent belong to?' I thought.

The smell is so calming and enchanting it makes my wolf hang his tongue out of my mouth as we run farther and faster everyday, getting closer and closer to the scent that lures me.

Being an alpha has it's perks but it also has faults. Everything has flaws. Nothing could ever be perfect.

The world is full of imperfections.
I'm one of them.

Then I heard a scream of sadness and anger coming from deep in the forest, near Gelyn mountains.

The screams kept coming.

More powerful but more weak each time at the same time.

For some reason I ran towards the screams, faster then I have ever gone before. Impressing myself with each paw hitting the ground.

I stop infront of a pair of wolf tracks that are bigger than any wolf paw I have ever seen.

My breath quivers at the sight of more of these humongous prints.

'What could have made these tracks? They definitely aren't normal werewolf prints' I thought.

Suddenly, the wails stopped. Fear racked over my body.

-The Forrest Wolf

It's been so long since someone has said my name, I've never had to use it. So, I seemed to have forgotten it.

But that didn't matter. I didn't need it anyways.

My sadness is getting stonger every day. Every day I'm left alone for a day streak that I could never break.

No one is here to hear me.

No one is here to think about me.

Nobody would see me cry. So I did. I felt embarrassed for wailing so loudly, although, no one could hear me.

My body quickly shifted into my wolf and I didn't have the energy to object so I just let her shift.

My wolfs ear's perked up at the slightest sound.

I was immediately on alert. Or should I say, my wolf.

I ran down the stairs, jumping down them by eight steps at a time, almost skipping the whole flight of stairs. Scratching and penetrating the wood with my claws as I land.

As soon as I got into the cave part of my house, I was eager to see the new scent I had in my nose, but just as I smelt the scent, it was gone.

My playful ears went down into a sad floppy position, and my eyes drooped once again.

'False alarm?' I thought.

No, I'm never wrong. They must be covering their scent.

As soon as that crossed my mind I let a ripping snarl grab my throat, so loud that I felt the ground beneath me shake.

That should scare them off.

'Maybe they wanted to talk?' I liked that thought, but it couldn't be true.

I'll be sure not to cry again.

It's to dangerous, the hunters will probably hear me. That was probably a hunter just now. Another growl shoot through my throat at the thought.

I slowly pranced back into the house with the sound of thunder under my paws.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

That was the sound that portrayed.

I walked up the stairs, making new scratches and scars to the wood stairs on top of the old ones.

I slumped through the hallway, slowing down from limited energy. As soon as I got to my bedroom door, I opened it with the push of my snout.

I didn't bother making it to my bed, so I just curled up on the carpet near my bed—door.

When I woke up, I felt ready to run a marathon, so we went out for a run.

I was confused at first but then a scent that was so familiar but not at all filled my nose when I got outside.

I need to find food first and then I will go track the scent.