BDSM more like BLs Delusion Stereotypes and Misogyny

Hello and welcome to ep1 of hot takes™️ where we talk, troll, crib and cry. In this wonderful episode, we reveal our pent up feelings on a rising and prominent industry. The bdsm part is unrelated and is just added for clickbait value. So, get ready, sip some tea and watch me while I work it out/ Watch me while I make it out/ Watch me while I work it out /Work it, work it, work it out. 

 A quick PSA before anyone cancels me 

I am in no way against people who act in Bls or watch Bls. I'm a part of the lgbtq+ community and will always advocate for good representation. I also enjoy queer representation [as long as it's done right]. The only reason I stumbled across this industry was through a WLW short film on YouTube. I'm focusing on the harmful aspects here but obviously, there are also good aspects too. Please don't take this in a bad way, these are just my opinions. This is mostly Asian Bl centred.

The Bl industry in Asia has been gaining traction in recent years. We see various companies from countries like Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Vietnam etc. trying their luck in this genre and while in most cases it should be applauded for bringing more acceptance, I can't help but wonder whether this is based on a place of wanting diversity or just a place of profit and ignorance. I wonder why something as normal as two people of the same gender being together is made into a separate genre. This just leads to more outcasting. For a country that produces 100+ shows in this genre every year, you would think at least half of them would be good. Unfortunately, our expectations are met with the same 3 plot devices and tropes. Even if we ignore the engineering student/college setting overuse (a violation in itself) we can point out several problems within these shows.

TW for point 3- $-xu@l A$$au!t mention 

 1. Homophobia 

As surprising as it is, yes, a show focused on two men being in love is outright homophobic. From the classic, "I don't like men I only like you" to the disgust shown towards openly gay and effeminate men, along with the idea of a "husband" and "wife". These shows follow an outdated mindset which just reinforces harmful stereotypes. 

 2. Villainising women

 A major part of the plot that always manages to infuriate me is the portrayal of women in these series. A lot of times we are asked to see them as toxic and manipulative. The obsessive gf is a trope that is very hateful and in the end, the misogyny is extremely visible.

3. $-xual Ass@u!t 

The amount of a$$au!t and h@r@ssment that is prevalent in the bl industry truly scares me and the lack of addressing it scares me more. As much as I wanted to not name any names, a prime example of this would be tharntype and lbc.

4. Cultural Appropriation

I feel like this isn't even a topic I should have to speak about and that we as a society should've already left this in 2020

And these were just problems based in the shows themselves. A huge chunk of my problems come from the industry and the fan culture. Many fans fail to realize that a lot of times these actors use bl as a way to gain popularity seeing as it is in popular demand. Ever since Korean bls started being produced a lot of nugu groups started acting in them as a way to shed light on their group. Just because someone acted in a bl does not mean that they are a good person or support the community in any way, shape or form. A lot of times they end up being homophobic, transphobic or sexist. 

Another aspect I hate is the fanservice. Two males interacting gives so much serotonin to ppl cut off from the modern world that it just adds to their delusion. The two people could do so little as to stare at each other for 0.2 seconds and fans would still eat that up. They ship these people and when either of them ends up being in a relationship they feel betrayed. Most of this community is intolerable to anything which goes against their little fantasies. The two actors are sexualised to no limit, even if they are minors and that is extremely harmful.

In the end, all i would like to say is that Fujoshis are a plague to earth, please be willing to see the problems a show has, be open to others' opinions, stop putting men on a pedestal and go outside and touch some grass. 

That's it for today. Have a great day and I love you all sm.

Q) If you watch Bls what is your favourite and why?

Ans) Among the Bls I could tolerate I would say it's ITSAY(the cinematography saved it) and gaya sa pelikula(for the dialogues)

Anywho stan my dude Lee Know