011

p l a y p r e t e n d

Chapter 11,

"Play pretend, Draken."

Despite his own heart shattering from the words his darling said, he wiped his own tears and flashed an embarassed smile. He immediately pulled away from her, "I-I'm sorry... Miss Y/N, for I have mistaken you as my lover..."

It hurts as hell to see her (e/c) eyes staring back at his with pure confusion, it's as if she's looking at some stranger.

He introduced himself as a caretaker Haruka hired for her.

"I see...", The girl flashed a small smile at him. "C-Can you tell me about her..?"

Draken gripped at her wheelchair's handles, and asked; "...Why is that?"

Y/N let out a soft chuckle, "You sound so... In love? And I'm quite intrigued.."

"...She has the same name as you...", his voice came out as a whisper.

The girl hummed in response.

"...She never heard me say that I love her... for who she is...", he gently pushed the wheelchair and take the both of them inside Haruka's terrace.

"...that sucks..", Y/N mumbled. "Say, Ken-san, can you please give me a piggy ride?"

"Why?"

"...I never actually remember someone giving me a ride...", she pouted.

~*~

Y/N LET OUT A SOFT LAUGH AS DRAKEN RAN THROUGH HARUKA'S GARDEN. Hearing his darling's laugh, it made Draken's heart flutter.

It sounded so genuine, so pure.

That one thing he never heard of her whenever he's with her.

That one thing he regrets not hearing from her.

If only.

If only he could turn back time...

He could've gave her what she deserved.

Freedom.

But for now, is it fine to be selfish? To cherish her before it ends?

Her laughs soon slowly died down, until it was pure silence.

His eyes went wide as he felt her body limply pressed against his back.

"Y-Y/N..?"

END OF CHAPTER 11
THANK YOU FOR READING!
-zzeno