Science Laboratory

Lea was born from a poor family but since she badly wanted to go to school she enrolled herself in a scholarship. But by the time she reached high school her scholarship was not enough to pay for her studies so she begged the school for a work so she would be able to continue her studies even under her scholarship. Lucky for her the school needed someone to take care of the Science Laboratory since the teacher who was assigned for the task had an accident.

The following morning the principal talked to her about what she wanted to do.

Principal: Are you sure you want to take the job?

Lea: Why ma’am you look sick talking about this job?

Principal: The registrar had told you about the teacher who had an accident right?

Lea: Yeah what about it?

Principal: The accident happened in the Laboratory.

Lea: Oh…

Principal: Thus I am worried about your safety.

Lea: Don’t worry about me ma’am, I can take care of myself and the laboratory.

Principal: Fine, but please tell me if there is anything you think is wrong.

Lea: Yes ma’am.

Lea left with a job in her hand, she would go to the laboratory every after school and clean the laboratory and check if something is missing then lock the laboratory.

˻AFTER CLASS˺

Lea went to look for the Principal to get the keys of the laboratory. When she got the keys she immediately went to the laboratory and started her job.

                Lea started to clean the used equipment and return them into their proper arrangement. When Lea was about leave she felt like someone was staring at her. When she turned around no one was there.

                Lea shook her head and thought that she was just imagining things, but when she heard a meow the hair from the back of her neck stood. The curiosity from turning around was fighting the idea of a creepy image of a ghost standing behind her, but curiosity won and when she turned around she found an adult cat sitting on an open window.

‘Didn’t I just close all the windows?’

Lea went to the cat and patted its head, the cat purred as Lea stoked its head.

“Sorry little kitty, but you’re not supposed to be here. I’m going to lock the place up so you have to go.”

The cat nodded as if it understood, it stood but before it turned around it hissed at something behind Lea.

When Lea turned she noticed a jar with a preserved foetus inside. Lea turned back to the cat but the cat was no longer there…

***end