Part 1

"Well, tonight it's not a club," I say.

"It's a club. It's always a club," Laadan replies.

"Today the club's off for outsiders."

"I'm technically an outsider. What's here tonight?"

"I'm not an outsider. I'm with this club for my entire life."

"I still don't understand what's this about."

"It's a stand-up poetry show."

"You mean like a stand-up comedy show."

"I think poetry's deeper than comedy."

"This is the first time I even get to know such a club exists."

"I pray you like it."

I pause for a second to smile at her. I wanted to bring her here since I ask her out. When we first step out of the car and she says that she does not dance, that is all I need to confirm that I brought the right girl here. Now we sit in the most secluded booth I can find in this crowd. The show does not start yet and I kind of get restless. Somehow she liking this club determines whether or not she will like me. I pray she likes this. I again look at her.

Almost like she is impressed. I like this girl. I never saw another female who can park their car in one go. Females always double park which I find funny. Her confidence is such a big turn on. She is always so assured of herself. She does not care how she looks when she sits with one of her legs propped up. I really love this about her. Most females are so conscious when they sit. I hate when they sit cross-legged. She is impressed by this show.

"You won't hear any Dickson or Frost here," I tell her.

"I prefer not listening to that shit," he replies.

"Good, poetry's more real than anything."

"I guess you're a very old member here."

"I was first introduced to this club when I was eight years old."

"Great. Explains some of the presence of younger people here."

"The only time kids are allowed to enter this club."

"Who introduced you to this club?"

"My father did. He was one of the establisher of this club."

"I've to applause his creativity."

I explain everything to her. Not once does she look bored. I love to see her expression change to each performance. Seeing her is more worth it that watching the performance. I smile to myself when she says she does not dance when she sees the club. I saw her from my window, moving her body to rock music. Maybe next time I will take her to a dance club. I am not that good of a dancer though. But I will do anything I can to take this beautiful girl in my arms.