Chapter 25: Time

I woke and was shocked to find myself curled up in Yoongi's lap. He was holding me in his warm embrace and I felt safety for the first time in weeks. I yawned slightly and looked at my brother. His head was propped up against the wall and it was the most peaceful I'd seen him look in years. I smiled softly and stood carefully to make sure he didnt wake up.

"Morning." Jimin practically purred, as I quietly entered Jungkook's room. He stretched and stood to greet me as I approached.

"Morning Jimin. Sorry, I fell asleep last night. How are you feeling hyung?" I asked as we stood inches from each other.

"I have a splitting headache, but I'm good. How are you?" He asked gesturing to my arm which had been placed into a protective cast.

"Well, I feel a bit broken, but to be honest, I'm good. Thanks to you guys." I was so grateful they had come to save me. They had all risked their lives to get me out of that place. I was only sad that Namjoon and Jin hadn't been able to stick around so I could thank them.

"I'm glad to hear it, y/n." He replied softly. I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around Jimin. I was careful not to hit him with my cast. I placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you Jimin. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I cannot tell you enough how important you are to me."

"Please. Don't." He whispered. "Y/n. I can't do this. I need you to put some distance between us. I-I fell really hard. Seeing you with Jungkook is hard enough. But if you're still like this. I won't be able to get over you." He sounded emotional and I pulled away from him. I stared into his water filled eyes and the enormity of everything was dawning on me.

"I'm sorry Jimin, I never really thought." He smiled and wiped his eyes gently. I hadn't really considered how deep his feelings may be. I was so in love with Jungkook that it eclipsed pretty much everything else I felt, whenever I was near him.

"I promise, I want to be your friend, I just need some time." He reassured me as my mood dipped.

"Jimin, you don't need to explain. How is he?" I asked quietly, turning my focus to Jungkook. It was horrible seeing him in such a sorry state. Machines beeped quietly, and wires were attached all over his body. He looked like a lab experiment.

"The same. I think it's probably going to be awhile." He mumbled as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Morning guys, I got everyone some coffee." Tae entered and handed both Jimin and I a disposable cup of gross hospital coffee. I accepted it gratefully.

"How are you both feeling today?" Tae asked as he sipped at the hot coffee with a digusted look on his face. Jimin and I exchanged a look and then smiled at Tae.

"Good." We replied in unison. Because that wasn't suspicious at all! Tae looked between us and clearly didn't want to know what was going on.

We had all been discharged, apart from Jungkook, and I decided to stay at his house. I couldn't face going back to my home. Especially not with that gang still at large. Jimin and Tae finally returned to their respective homes.

Yoongi had stayed with me for a couple of days, but he had to get back and sort things out with his 'business'. So I was alone.

I laid in Kookie's bed and cried most of the time. Knowing he was stuck in that small sterile room alone. It was killing me. What killed me more was the thought that I might loose him.

Every day felt the same and I couldn't bring myself to go to school and pretend everything was normal. I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I knew the rumours would be rife when I finally went back.