Chapter - 1

Narrators Pov:

-

Walking on the street of Bethnal Green, London, Arzeena made her way to Queen Mary Uni. She looked fabulous in her V-neck white blouse accompanied by black trousers and a long georgette shrug over it. Her hair tied in a bun and a scarf wrapped around her head.

Entering the huge gates and crossing by the bushes shaped in Uni initials, Arzeena tapped her heels to walking faster, not wanting to be late anymore.

Suddenly she was stopped by another Professor.

"Hello, Ms. Baig" said Bailey Stanon with a hint of arrogance in it, a faculty member who Arzeena could never got along with.

"Hey, Mrs. Stanon" Arzeena said raising her brows, preparing herself of the bullshit that's about to come from Bailey.

"Do you know you have quiet a different methodology of teaching History?"

Arzeena was sure this conversation is going somewhere.

"Mhm, yes I do" she nodded.

"But do you know, it's not always a good idea to impose your perspectives in the times like these".

"Ok that, I did many times, which one are you talking about?" She asked giving out her wicked smile.

'The audacity' Bailey muttered under her breath.

"You said to your students that the Britishers forcefully took the Kohinoor Diamond, when infact it was given to East India Company by your very own Punjabi Prince"

Arzeena raised one eyebrow and the corner of her lip twitch upwards "By East India Company, you mean unofficial British military right."

Bailey rolled her eyes. So Arzeena continued,

"And what I said is none of you business, because, A jewel from Kollur Mine of India wasn't something to be possessed by British traders easily. A 9 year old doesn't share his belongings. How would Duleep singh give anything he possessed let alone the largest diamond to his country's enemies" Arzeena said smiling "If logic offends you, is it really my fault?" Her lips quirked a little more at the corner by now.

She enjoyed sealing Bailey's mouth.

"Atleast I didn't say they...Stole" Arzeena adjusted her half rim frame winking at fuming Bailey, who turned her heels and walked away.

Arzeena took her seat settling down and going through the papers she had to present in the next hour.

"Class, you need to keep your phones down and hopes high to complete this semester."

A bunch of students chuckled.

"Jokes apart, I'm sure you would be really interested to know how three generations of Tudor's monarch brought huge changes to the country..." continuing it for another forty-five minutes.

She did enjoy her profession most of the time and the rest of the time she enjoyed reading about archeological heritage.

"Leave your completed records before leaving" She worked for another half an hour. It was almost 5pm and her working hours were over. She did leave some work for another day.

She walked under almost cloudless lightblue sky back to her a cottage she lived in that belonged to her maternal cousins, Reem and Aamer Zahid.

━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━

Arzeena's POV:

-

I entered the door humming to myself.