Chapter - 2

Next morning, I woke up and dressed in a night-blue jeans and a long grey turtle-neck and a green scarf hung loose around her head. Passing through the doors rather quitely not trying to wake Aamer up. Reem was already downstairs filling her hydroflask.

I headed to the kitchen, grabbed few potato wedges from the counter and stuffed them in my mouth. Took a seat and filled an empty plate with veg curry and freshly made hot Roti, that was probably made on Aamer's demand.

Without any delay I began to eat. Aamer walked in "Aisa bhi kya hai, zara araam se khao insaano ke jaisa"
(What's so hurry, eat like a human)

I rolled my eyes thinking what could've woken him up, he was better off sleeping.
"Uthgaye dum karne?"
(So, you're awake to bother us?)

"Looking at the rate of your eating speed, I'm assuming you are super late".
He was right. I really needed to be at the university within 10 minutes. It was a short walk and that's why I always took my time waking up and getting dressed.
"See you later, trouble maker" I said as I left the crib on my oh-so-comfortable black heels.

My colleagues greeted me lovingly as usual on seeing me. I waved at them before entering the faculty lounge. No sign of Bailey so far. Looks like she has given up getting annoyed by me. I grabbed a folder from the bookshelf and headed to the class.

Two of my students sped up on seeing me on my way to class. When we neared the class I looked at them, they smiled at me.

"You're late..." I said stopping on my tracks. They stopped as well and looked at eachother perplexed, one of them silently apologized. When I was done enjoying the moment I affirmed "...And so am I, now get inside before I do." I gestured them to get inside with a smile and they were relieved.

Other students had already taken their seats.

I placed the folder on the table and taking a sheet out of it I announced "Today we are going to review about European Renaissance, but before we begin I am gonna give you an assignment. Make a ten page project on origin of currency. Your research papers must consist how it gained value and how a unified financial system was created in the world over time. Submission due coming Thursday" Followed by a few groans from students.

"Delaying the submission will cause reduction in points and finals are closer than ever. Better do as I say." causing louder groans from them. I couldn't help but smirk. I continued the class for another 40 minutes and then the students start to disperse. I checked the time, I had 4 more classes to go through with. This day did feel longer than usual, so I took my tab out, plugged in my earphones and started watching a recommended video on YouTube about the famous, Jacob Diamond.

The anchor began to orate about the diamond of her dreams.

"The Jacob Diamond, also known as the Imperial or Victoria Diamond, is a colourless Golconda Diamond ranked as the fifth-biggest polished diamond in the world. The last nizam of the Hyderabad State, Mir Osman Ali Khan, found the diamond in the toe of the shoe of his father Mahboob Ali Khan at Chowmahalla Pallace and used it as a paper weight for a long time. It was bought by the government of India from Nizam's trust for a petty $13 million in 1995, along with other jewels and is held at RBI vaults in Mumbai.

It's current value is $118 million, yeah you heard it right, $118 Million! That's 8 Billion Rupees!"
My eyes glittered watching the ravishing and mesmerising diamond.

"The cut of the diamond determines its brilliance and sparkle, thus its price. Additionally, the shape of the stone impacts the diamond jewellery cost based on its popularity as well. So this jaw dropping diamond here is cut in a rectangular cushion-cut, with 58 facets and measures 39.5 mm long, 29.25 mm wide and 22.5 mm deep. And $13 Million for it was so so low" My heart yearned to see it at least once in life, and feel it. Wish it was possible to hold it.