0.1

零点一

━━━

━━━

KIM TAEHYUNG

Taehyung is bored. So incredibly bored.

As of about ten minutes ago, his date began droning on about Quentin Tarantino and is showing no signs of letting up.

"I think he's the greatest cinematographer there ever has been." He says before raising his glass of whiskey to his mouth and taking the most measley sip Taehyung has ever seen. Some drops get entangled in his pornstar moustache and sit there for a moment before trickling back down onto his lip. Taheyung wants to vomit.

Despite desperately wanting to regurgitate the ramen he ate earlier, Taehyung replies with a rather unimpressed "Uh-huh."

"Oh, c'mon. Who's your favourite director, then?"

"Gregg Araki" Taehyung answers without hesitation, leaving no room for contestation. He's been on such a copious amount of dates that he's become acquainted with the way in which these men think. He'd always known it had been formulaic, he just needed the experience to assemble the pieces of the system. By the third or fourth date, he had the concept grasped. He knew exactly when to smile, when to laugh, when to brush up against their arm and then look away coyly. He knew what made them comfortable and what didn't. Paramountly, he knew how to balance the edge between passionate and presumptuous just enough to get what he wants.

His date scoffs, followed by a very forced sounding laugh. Taehyung maintains a stone-cold expression. "What's so funny?"

"Well, it's a little cliché, don't you think?" His date has composed himself now and is instead back to nursing his drink. The ice is almost entirely melted now, ending the annoying clinking every time he raised the glass to his mouth.

"How so?"

"You're a gay guy, on a gay date, in a gay bar, and you just told me your favourite director is one of the most notorious queer directors, like, ever." The way he annunciates the sentence, you'd think he was homophobic. Taehyung's almost sure he's not, though. Most homophobic straight men aren't even aware the bar he's currently sat in exists - and they sure as hell wouldn't go searching for it.

Upon staring at the man a little more attentively, Taehyung's almost sure he's got him entirely figured out. He's an arrogant arthouse snob, the kind that is pretentious in the worst way. The kind that would say "I'm not like other guys, you know" completely unironically. If his personality and taste in films didn't indicate that enough, his appearance does. He's around the same height as Taehyung and appears to be just slightly heavier, carrying most of his weight around his stomach, although a little still clings to his cheeks making his face look much rounder. His upper lip is heavy with a dark, thick moustache that matches the same shade of brown atop his head. His clothes are simple and unobtrusive - a white vest top paired with light wash straight-legged jeans and feet clad with a rather pristine looking set of Doc Martens.