04

I was in class, we had student counseling and the teacher was helping us with our university applications. What if my application is bad? Or what if the university gets full and I can't study there? I don't even have a plan b.

"Are you ready with your application?" The student counselor asked me. I nodded.

"Can you read it and tell me if it's bad?" I asked her.

"Sure!" she smiled and sat beside me, reading the application from my laptop's screen. After a while she nodded. "This is really good! If you think it's ready and you have nothing else to add here, you can send it. I'm sure you'll get chosen." she patted me on the back and left. I smiled to myself and sent the application.

"If you're not done with your application yet, it's okay! You can save the changes and continue it tomorrow!" the teacher announced and I shot up from my seat. I shoved the laptop inside my backpack and rushed out of the classroom. Students were filling the corridors as I made my way out of the school building. It was already chilly outside.

I looked around and saw Jay waiting for me. He was standing beside his car, waving at me. I smiled and walked to him.

"How was your school day?" he asked and ruffled my hair.

"It was good. I filled the application and sent it." I answered. "But what if I won't get there? Where will I go then?"

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll get there." he smiled.

"Thanks!" I smiled too.

"Do you wanna go shopping?" Jay asked and I nodded. We got in the car and he started driving.

"Am I annoying?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No, why?"

"People have always told me I'm annoying and loud and that I have too strong opinions." I said and looked out of the window. Why am I even telling him about this?

"I mean, everyone is annoying sometimes. I don't see you being loud as a problem and having strong opinions is a good thing rather than a disadvantage." Jay said.

"Do you really think so?"

"Yes, I don't see you as an annoying person." he held my hand.

I turned to look at our hands. It took me a while to actually realize what was happening. I snatched my hand away.

"Keep your hands on the steering wheel. I don't wanna end up in a trench." I commanded and Jay laughed.

"I love how you always speak so directly." he said. Wow, he's probably the first person to say that.

"Why do you always compliment me?" I asked.

"I guess I just like complimenting you. Besides, you have many good features that are worth complimenting." Jay turned to look at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"H-hey! Keep your eyes on the road!" I scolded and he turned to look forward. I stared at him. Sunoo didn't lie when he told me Jay is hot.

"Are you staring at me?"

I immediately looked away. "What? Haha, no."

"Don't insist, I saw that." Jay laughed and I snorted. "It's okay, of course you can stare at your hot boyfriend." he said and parked his car in the parking hall.

"Hot? You're ridiculous." I let out a laugh.

"The five stages of grief, stage one: denial." Jay stated and got out of the car. I chuckled and got out as well.