1.running

here are your tattoos.

You been new in town for 3 days and your tia made you stay inside since she can't trust you alone but she basically had enough of you

"Mariano mi amor please take (y/n) with you while you see Dolores. I just need a few few hours. " you hear your tia say stress.

"Mami... I don't know. I'd have to keep an eye on him."

You walk over and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I love spending time with my primo so much. " you smirk.

Mariano sigh and tells you to hurry up. You follow him.

"come on primo... you know you love me. we would have so much fun when you would visit me. " You tell him.

"si but I've changed. you have to also." he tells you.

You take a joint and lighter out your pocket and Mariano snatches it.

"hey!"

"Primo you being here there are rules. you know my mami doesn't like you smoking. " Mariano puts the stuff in his pocket crossing his arms at you.

"okay okay buzz kill." you mumble.

you two make your way to the madrigal house. Dolores is waiting outside. she hugs Mariano.

"you must be (y/n) Guzman" she says

"that's me, most terrible guzman. " you joke.

"Primo.." Mariano says stern.

"what? I'm just answering your novia. "

"Mi amor it's okay... I know he means no harm with anything he says. " Dolores reassures him.

"yeah mi amor you don't have to worry about me. look how about so sit some where and not move. you two have alone time. " you tease.

"no I'm suppose to keep an eye on you. "

you all go inside. when Mariano is distracted you wonder around until you get to the kitchen.

"oh hello. your Mariano's cousin (y/n) right? .. I'm Julieta. " she introduces herself.

"Hola... yeah i am Golden boy's primo. is it okay if I sit in here?"you ask.

she nods and you sit and watch her cook. at a point she seems to be stuck.

"what am I forgetting. " she mumbles to herself.

You stand up and walk over.

"ajo... 3 cloves would do" you say casually.

"si... thank you. do you cook?" she ask.

"mi mama.. she use to have me cook with her when i was boy. I use to cook all her meals before she passed. " you say roll up your sleeve and look at the tattoo on your arm.

"i'm sorry about your loss." Julieta says and puts a hand on your shoulder.

"it's whatever. it was 3 years ago. " you say looking away trying to put the tough guy persona on.

You end up helping Julieta cook and Mariano walks in.

"(y/n) i was looking everywhere for you... Julieta i'm sorry if he's bothering. " Mariano says embarrassed

"wasn't looking hard enough pendejo" you tell him

"(y/n)... Mariano he isn't a bother. he's actually helping. "

You stick your tongue out at Mariano.

"Nice chatting with you Julieta. I better go with him before he blows a fuse. " you joked and walk out the cousin.

"sorry again. " Mariano says before following you.

"Mariano Im not going to bother every person i pass. I'm not a damn child!"

"well don't run off like one. It's my job to watch you" he argues with you.

"fuck you. " you push him and storm out.

You run into the wooded area until you can't run anymore. you stop and just scream.

"fuck Mariano! Fuck Papi! fuck Tia! fuck life! I'm never going to be good enough so i'm going to be the worse.... I should be dead and you should be here!" You scream and punch a tree repeatedly.

You never let your emotions out until you explode. You wipe the tears from your eyes and slide down the tree. You take your flask out the hidden part in your boots and take a drink. You see a beautiful girl wandering around and she sees you.

"your cousin's looking for you. get up. "

her attitude makes you smirk.

"sexy and with an attitude. that's hot. " you say.

she rolls her eyes.

"Mariano!" she shouts

"yes Isabela!?" you hear your cousin say

he runs over.

"Isabela you didn't have to call him over... just when i thought we was gonna have fun. " you say standing.

"(y/n) leave her alone. "

"always the knight in shining armor" you tell him and take another drink.

You walk ahead of them but wink at isabela first.

(isabela's pov)

Dolores asked me to help her and Mariano look for his cousin so he won't get in trouble. Mariano warned me his cousin is trouble. I thought he was kind of attractive. kind of gross attitude but that could be fixed. After Mariano and (y/n) leaves Dolores and I walk home.

"so his cousin..." I start

"He's not as bad as Mariano thinks. From what i heard he's acting the way he does since everyone already expects the worse from him. he thinks of mariano as some golden child and i guess that makes him the black sheep. He was being respectful and so sweet with your mom. " she explains.

hm now he catches my interest.