0.1

When I was little my dad always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be. At the time I wanted to be a princess like the ones I saw at Disneyland. I don't remember much about my childhood but I do remember Disneyland. We'd go whenever we were in L.A. And that was most of the time.My dad was always out there writing music. There were select times when he would take me.We were usually accompanied by his band mates and their kids or my older brother and sister. But there were a few times it was just me and him. He bought me a little pair of Minnie Mouse ears the first time we went and I wore them all the time. There are many pictures of me clutching my dads hand wearing a pair of Minnie Mouse ears. Thus people began calling me Minnie. My Uncle Calum started it. Then it eventually just stuck with me as I got older. My real name is Lynette. Lynette Ava Hemmings.

When I was six my mom and dad told me the truth. I'm not sure why they told me when I was so young but I guess they didn't want me to hate them for lying to me all those years. They sat me down and told me about the day I came to them.

I was three years old. It was my birthday. Social Services called my dad and asked him If he would be willing to take in his cousins daughter. My dad,who wasn't the type to leave a little kid in a foster home with a bunch of other kids, took me in when no one else would. He told me all about my real parents. My real dad was his cousin.They grew up pretty close. My real mom was his girlfriend and she died when I was only two. The reason my dad had to take me in was because my real dad was going to prison. Ive never been sure why he was going to prison in the first place. No ones ever told me. A year ago we attended his funeral.He never got out of prison.

I'm turning fifteen years old tomorrow. Right now i'm in my backyard lying flat on my back on top of a trampoline staring up at the sky. Its not cold but I shiver anyway. I can never escape the feeling someones watching me. In the privacy of my own backyard I don't feel safe. But that's why I came out here. I'm tired of feeling safe. I'm tired of waiting for my Prince Charming to come and rescue me. I'm out here waiting for something completely opposite of a safe prince charming.