Chapter 5: Stars

6:27

"Hold still," Craig mumbled, cleaning Tweek's finger. Tweek was shaking and couldn't stop flinching because the cut stung so much. "Almost done cleaning it, don't worry."

"O-okay..." Tweek shakily huffed.

"You trust me... don't you?"

"O-of course." 

Craig blushed and looked at Tweek. "That's a new one."

"You've helped me... I can't help but trust you. Maybe not fully, but I trust that you're not going to hurt me on purpose. And are you hot? Maybe turn the fan on, you look warm." Tweek's eyes grazed over Craig's face. Craig finished cleaning off the wound and stopped a few seconds to breathe. He then returned back to wiping some antibiotic ointment onto a bandaid and carefully placed it around Tweek's finger. He cupped his hands around Tweek's for a few moments, but then realized that Tweek's face was beginning to also turn red, so he let go, standing up, and heading off back downstairs. 

"You're welcome!" Craig shouted as he walked down the steps and into the kitchen. Tweek shot up and ran down the stairs, calling out a "T-thank you-!" as he stumbled over his long legs into the kitchen with Craig. Craig smiled as he danced around the kitchen, making sure everything was in order, put away, and ready for dinner. Tweek hoisted himself onto the counter, sitting down in front of Craig. Craig slipped from his upbeat mood, his thoughts about his grandma creeping back in. Nice, prepped, meals reminded him of her. He grew uncomfortable and upset.

"Hey~" Tweek sang, his tail flicking back and forth as he leaned closer to Craig. Craig backed up a bit and turned away. Tweek frowned. "What's wrong? Why won't you look at me." Tweek's tone began to grow a bit angrier. Craig continued, plating the food and setting the table. Tweek hopped down from the counter and followed Craig. "Look at me." Craig kept ignoring him. Tweek began to grow more and more frustrated. He grabbed Craig's wrist, his nails digging into Craig's skin, as he hissed, "The hell is your deal?"

Craig turned around in a struggle. "N-no, what the hell is your deal?!" He tried to get Tweek to let go, but he wouldn't budge. 

"You were happy just minutes ago and when I try to start a conversation you walk away!" Tweek growled. Craig kept struggling, however, Tweek had pushed Craig to the wall, digging the nails on his other hand into Craig's neck. His wings snapped open, like how a cat puffs up its tail to look bigger and more intimidating. "Why aren't you happy?!" Reluctantly, and painfully, Craig spoke up.

"'Cause I had some negative thoughts that are weighing me down, alright? I understand you're problematic but that's no excuse to hurt me for turning away from you." Tweek released a bit of the pressure. "Can we eat now?"

"Problematic...? Is that all I am to you, Tucker?" He hissed. Craig's stomach dropped at the sound of his last name being used. "You think I'm just problematic?" Tweek let go, tracing his fingers along the indents of almost pierced skin on Craig's wrist and neck. Craig forced a noise out in an attempt to speak, but he failed. "You really think that?"

"N-no... that's not..." Craig tried to walk away but Tweek forced him back. "Listen... it's a rough time right now. For the both of us. Let's eat and it'll all be fine." Tweek stepped back.

"You think it's just no big deal, huh?" Craig shook his head, but Tweek didn't accept it. 

"I didn't mean to say that. I didn't mean to call you 'problematic'. I care about you a lot, and I don't want to hurt you. It's cheesy, I know, but Tweek..." Tweek stared Craig in the eyes as he spoke, making sure to listen to every careful word Craig uttered. "Just... look, I'm sorry. Really, incredibly, unbelievably sorry." Tweek nodded, looking down in a sigh.