Oh how I love The Grinch

I'm actually in love. Like literally, in love. As I switch off "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" after watching it for the 276th time, my eyes wide in complete awe, I imagine his handsome, towering figure standing before me. His soft, tickly fingernails, his perky, freckled cheeks and his mouth that is missing a top lip (but I couldn't care less about that). It's just adorable. 

I eagerly start pressing the buttons on my phone's keyboard, asking the little know it all Siri how I can possibly satisfy my utter admiration and meet the fabulous creation of what was named "The Grinch". Not Jim Carey, I can assure you that I don't have a need to meet him, but The Grinch. The robotic voice in my phone replies to my request with the most glorious answer - the shopping centre, yes, that's not far! A Grinch Day, she tells me, and continues to explain that every employee is going to be replaced with the green, cute and furry creature. What a dream! The Grinch making my coffee with the littlest care in the world, but what an attractive way he hands it to me. The Grinch scanning all my items, a massive grin spreading on his face when I buy hundreds of pounds worth of things that I couldn't afford. The Grinch leading me into the cinema screen, the completely wrong one, but I wouldn't mind a bit of friendly banter. What a dream!

Shoving my creased, mud-stained Air Forces on my feet, I sprint to the mall. Just before I go to enter through the automatic doors, I feel a warm glow against my back. Slowly and gingerly, I turn to face the river bay which lied adjacent to the shopping centre. A bright, blinding beam of light, shining down from the heavens as the clouds opened up,  illuminated a silhouette of The Grinch himself. It seemed as though his fur kind of repelled against the water, as he waltzed across it like a figure of Jesus or the most gracious swan. I smile, and nod my head in the direction of the doors, then collapse down on to my knees in shock. "Welcome to the mall," I whimpered...

PART 2 TO BE CONTINUED