Home

It's a nice warm summer day in Los Angeles California. With my dad reading the newspaper and my mom in the kitchen I could go to the pool. I walked up the stairs and opened my bedroom door. My room was messy but that's how I found stuff. I looked in my closet for my pool bag. It took me a few minutes to find it. I grabbed my bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, and my phone, then I was off. 

" Bye mom," I  cheered, " I'll be back by dinner." I waited for my mom to answer.

" Okay honey, have fun." she replied. I walked out the door and hopped on my bike. It was a nice ride. There were birds, flowers, trees, and a rainbow. There were a lot of bikes in the bike rack so I parked mine against the tree. I walked into the pool area and placed my bag on the chair under the big umbrella. I pulled out my towel  and placed it on the chair. To many people in a pool means finding an empty space to jump in. I looked around and finally found the perfect spot. I counted down from 3,2,1. 

The pool was cold and cold feels good on a hot summer day. I just swam around. When I came back up to the top of the water I saw my best friend Lacy walk in. I swam over to the wall. " Lacy," I screamed,  " You came!" I ran over to the pool and hugged her.  She put her bag down on the chair next to mine. 

" I can't wait to go into the nice pool." She said. She took off her flip flops then we jumped in the pool. We stayed in the pool for about an hour when we decided to leave and get Ice cream. I ran out ahead of her and grabbed my bike. Lacy came out and we rode to the Ice cream shop. I got Coffee Ice cream and Lacy got cherry. We walked and talked and ate are Ice cream. Lucy had to go home so I decided to go home to. My house is one of the most prettiest houses on my road. I walked up the steps to the porch. I opened the door to see my parents sitting on the couch. I closed the door and asked, " What's going on, you never sit together?." 

" Well," my mother said, " We need to tell you something." 

" What?"

" You're moving to Washington Dc." My dad said trying to sound cheerful.

" What! Why am I moving and not you guys?"

" Have important business to do and we can't risk you knowing. So your going to live with your sister, Sassy!" My mom cheered. I ran out of the room in tears. I couldn't leave everything I loved behind. My parents were cruel. Los Angeles was my home and I wasn't going to let my parents take that away.

*The Next Morning* 

I pulled  the covers over the pillows on my bed to make it look like I was still in bed. Then I started packing my bag. I put my phone, some clothes, food, my laptop, shoes, and my camera in the bag then went out the window. I'm not running away. I 'm staying at Lucy's house. At least I was. Turns out my mom was watering the flowers and saw my on the roof. My mother wasn't mad at me but she was disappointed. She told me to start packing.