Double Helix

In a lab, far above the earth, Dr. Eggman inserts a Chaos Emerald into a newly upgraded metal sonic. "HOHOHOHOHO! I needed to go back to my roots! Metal Sonic is my finest creation, and all he needed was a little power boost!" The doctor exclaims. Electricity surges as Metal Sonic's new design awakens. Taller and deadlier than before, the new metal sonic breaks out of the workstation surrounding him, peering at Eggman.

"Alright, now that you're out, DESTROY Sonic and his friends!" Eggman shouts. "Sorry, doctor. But you don't control me anymore." Metal Sonic responds. "What?! You WILL obey me, metal!" Eggman retorts. "I don't go by metal anymore. I am Mecha Sonic. Now, die." Mecha Sonic declares. He readies a missile launcher to blow up Eggman. who narrowly dodges the missile. Mecha Sonic starts destroying Eggman's Lab.

The focus suddenly shifts as Sonic and Shadow run out of a city into a green plain. Tails, Knuckles and Amy try their best at keeping up with them.

"Go Sonic! You can beat him!" Tails shouts. "C'mon Shadow, beat that faker! I bet on you!" Knuckles exclaims. "Why would you even do that?" Amy asks. "Don't... worry about it." Knuckles responds. Knuckles flashes back to Sonic, spindashing towards the master emerald and hitting him. "Sorry, Knux! Should've been looking out!" Sonic exclaims. Knuckles seethes from anger. "WIN THIS ALREADY SHADOW!" Knuckles shouts.

Shadow and Sonic keep running, leaving streaks across the ground. "You definitely haven't lost your touch, have you?" Sonic declares. "I am the Ultimate Life Form. I can win something as simple as a race." Shadow retorts. "Then would you care to make this more... interesting?" Sonic suggests. Shadow jumps and kicks sonic over the head. "Hey! That's not what I meant by interesting!" Sonic shouts. "What's wrong, can't keep up? Hmph. Not surprised." Shadow responds. Shadow takes off.

"Oh, so you wanna play THAT game eh? Alright, you asked for it!" Sonic exclaims. Sonic races after Shadow.

Somewhere, in another world, Two people fight off a masked enemy. "Hey, Seiji! You gotta focus here man!" A green-haired girl shouts. "I'm trying here! This guy is way too weird to fight! We've fought people with illusion magic before but this is RIDICULOUS!" Seiji shouts. "Because I'm different. I have power BEYOND any of your comprehension." He exclaims. "You aren't gonna be talking like that for long!" The girl shouts. "Hey, Saran, you ready?" Seiji declares.

"Gotcha!" Saran exclaims. Seiji and Saran try and go for a pincer attack only for the masked man to block it entirely with his shield. As they use more and more power, the shield cracks. Returning to the other world, Sonic and Shadow land stray hits against each other, still managing to keep up with one another.

As Shadow and Sonic are about to clash, the shield breaks in the other world, and a blinding white light overtakes Seiji and Saran. Seiji wakes up, looking at a blue sky, confused.

He stands up and looks around at the large grassy plain, wondering where he is. "Right... I'm definitely lost. Hm. Didn't know they could teleport. Strange." Seiji thinks. "Hey, what are ya so lost in thought for?" A voice declares. Seiji looks in front of him to find the hedgehog. "Huh?! Now I'm REALLY lost!" Seiji exclaims. "Sorry about the whole, dashing into you thing! You kinda just appeared outta the blue!" Sonic exclaims. "Wait, actually let me introduce myself! I'm Seiji! I don't usually look so... short. but it's nice to meet you!" Seiji declares.

"I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!" Sonic responds. Saran runs over. "Hey, Seiji! You're awake! That's great! Come here, I already met the others!" Saran exclaims. Saran and Seiji join up with the rest of the cast. "I'm PRETTY sure I've been caught up to speed about you guys so, it's nice to meet you! But, we can't stay here. We have to go back to our world! If we don't, it'll be PRETTY bad for us." Seiji proclaims. "Well, I DO want to study people from another universe but if it's that urgent then we can help get you home!" Tails explains.